Wanted - Fat, Female, Fifty (or thereabouts) Friends!

Options

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Well...I only fit one of the criteria...I'm female.

I am not 50...I am in my 60s...just turned 62.

I don't need to lose 10lbs nor even a 100lbs...I only need to lose 1lb...1lb at a time.

I don't need fat friends...just friends that support and encourage.

I don't feel as if it is any harder at 62 to lose weight than it was when I was younger. Actually I have been more successful now than I ever was. It is hard work no matter what age you are. In some ways...it is easier...I have no one that I have to please other than myself.

Oh well...I could go on...but...this isn't what you wanted to hear...I ran out of excuses a long time ago...

I guess that this would make me a terrible friend...
  • laserqueen
    laserqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm 50 and starting on a journey to a healthier life. I've got about 100 pounds to lose, and friendship and support will help, I'm sure. I am a divorced mother with two kids, 14 and 12, and work fulltime. Eating healthy meals and increasing physical strength and activity are goals for everyone in our family. Friend requests are welcome!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent! :)
  • cboyd186
    cboyd186 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello:

I feel your pain. I am in the same situation and would love to be your friend.

My name is Cathy and I just turned 50 last week. Happy Birthday to me, I am at the heaviest weight of my life. I was determined to be 50 and fit, but I am 50 and fat. Not happy at all with myself.

MFP has help me in the past to lose weight, however I was not able to keep it off because I love to eat the wrong foods.
    I just got back on to MFP today, and I have signed up for 6 weeks of Zumbia classes which start next Monday. In the mean time I am going to try to walk either at lunch time or evenings.

So I am determined to get make a difference in my life and lose the weight so I can live a long and healthy life.

I will be grateful for any and everyone's support and will provide support back as much as possible.

Cathy
  • lindasrule
    lindasrule Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm your huckleberry! LOL, I'm Linda, youthful at 51, and def fat, or plump, as my sister calls me. Hit me up!
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've just turned 55. Single mother looking for some support in losing weight due to recent medical reasons. Determined more than ever to make a difference in my life and loss the excess weight. Friendship and support would definitely help.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Keep the requests coming, we can do this!
  • Lostinthisbody
    Lostinthisbody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 54 and would love any support an encouragement on my journey. I've about 3 stone to lose ,would be nearly 5 to lose to be at my ideal body weight but I think that would be too skinny at my age and would look too gaunt.
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've just turned 55. Add me as a friend. I'm looking for support and encouragement as well as offering any that I can give.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I qualify (56 and female). I started at 295 in June 2013 and am down to 181. Still have 25-35 more pounds to lose.

Friend request sent!
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would love to support you. I am 52 and have a problem losing weight. I need to lose 25 lbs. and it just wont budge even when I eat healthy and exercise I lose like two lbs at the most. In the past month I have gained 6 lbs and it just sits there and I dont even know how it happened; probably vacation! I am ready to get this thing turned around before I turn 53 in DEC.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm a youthful almost 46 year old. I am in the same boat as you. A year and half ago I lost 54lbs on MFP, due to changes in life and a death in the family I have gained all but 20lbs back. I have at least 50lbs to lose. I was also off my diabetes medication but have since had to go back on. I need all the motivation I can get. Count me in.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and would like to lose another 50 lbs. You can add me! I need all the help, support and motivation I can get! :smile:
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I totally relate...not 50, but 55....I've been here awhile, lost 45 pounds and got off all my medications..no more hbp, cholesterol, and keep arthritis under control and no longer borderline diabetic. Add me if you like.
  • kimballard1966
    kimballard1966 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48. Add me if you'd like.
  • tcassino25
    Options
    I'm 50 and quickly approaching 51! You can add me - would love to support and be supported. I've lost 12 and have lowered my blood pressure so no meds needed. That is what got me started...more to lose and just not happening so definitely need the motivation. :)
  • turryandsally
    turryandsally Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm sending friend request, and hope we can encourage each other. I'm 52 and would like to lose about 60 pounds. It's SO very true that it gets more difficult to take off the pounds the older we get. But I'm trying!! Best wishes to you!!
  • llc2211
    Options
    I'm only 42, but understand everything you are saying. I have lost and regained 50-60 pounds so many times in the past 15 years it would make your head spin. I know what needs done to be healthy. Put good things in your body and get moving. I love to eat healthy and exercise, life just gets in the way. I am a big emotional eater. I get stressed, I eat. I get sad, I eat. I always tend to gain weight during the summer months. That is when I am the busiest!

I found when I hit 40 it hasn't been as easy to lose the weight. I can't go as hard as I used to, my body and mind need more down time.

Send me a friend request if 42 is old enough.
  • babsfit14
    Options
    I'm 61, 5'8", and obese (according to that darned BMI chart). I have 65 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. Yes, it is much harder to lose weight after 50 (or thereabouts), but if I can do it, anyone can. I believe you (and I) have come to the right place! I need all the encouragement and support I can get as well. We can do this!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 but I have a lot of weight to lose. Started in June and am on a slow but steady decline. Anyone feel free to add me, I can use all the support I can get and I actively support others.