My first day-Friends

Options
Hi everyone!

I just joined and I am so excited to get started and really stick with a weight loss plan. I think this site is exactly what I need.

Question- Is it OK to just ramdonly add friends if you connect with their profiles or posts? Has anyone noticed having friends on here makes it easier to stick with it?? I really want to do this right!!

Thanks! Heather

Replies

• neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    Welcome, Heather (I'm a newbie, too!). Yeah, definitely add friends with whom you identify, or you find inspiring. You'll find everyone here is really nice & supportive.
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    It can't hurt right
  • marheat
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you so much!! :)
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather!

I add randomly haha- I think its better to have a range of friends, some on this site for different reasons, to be healthier, to put on weight, to lose! It gives you an insight, motivation, support and encouragement! feel free to add me if you like! you're going to love this site!
  • gennybunny
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, friend anyone you want, all they can do is not accept. I don't see that happening though, everyone is super supportive!! ;)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome Heather!
    Adding friends is the reason i stuck to this site the second time around lol. It also helps to read through the message boards. I find myself getting lost in them for hours sometimes haha! Feel free to add me, and good luck!
  • marheat
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the greatest website ever!

I joined my fitnesspal would log everday day for a week then be distracted but then i found the community and it makes a huge difference to know other people are going through the same struggles and ultimately working toward the same goals!
  • majikal6
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Heather!!!
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I randomly add people who i think i may have something in common with or who i find inspiring - it's good to have lots of 'friends' to keep you going. Anyway, they can only say no can't they? Feel free to add me if you like.
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    It really helps having friends as everyone are soo supportive!! I have people as friends of all ages from all over the world, and it's great as everyone has their own bit of advise and encouragement. Seeing other people losing weight is really helping me as well as it makes me think that if they can do it then so can I :-)

Lisa
  • juliectr
    juliectr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ...Silly question. How do I add friends? :smile:
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    click on their name on their post then click add friend :) i.e. where it says NickyEvans above my pic.
  • Jennifer2311
    Options
    Hi Heather!

Im new too, I have one friend (so far!), I find its good to see how they are doing. Feel free to add me too if you like, would be good to have some more friends!
  • Jacpin
    Jacpin Posts: 17
    Options
    HI Heather,

Welcome. This site is great!

Adding friends can't hurt, plus if you post a question or just how you are feeling, you can get some great insight, answers, or just a friendly "You can Do it".
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The more friends th better, as far as I'm concerned. Everyone connects with different things and the wider range of people helps you get more than one view. AND, you never know when something you say is going to hit someone in just the right way. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. I have been here for just over a week and am LOVING this site!! Good luck!
  • Vadana
    Vadana Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Heather and everyone else!

I'm pretty new here myself and I'm looking for friends for mutual support and motivation :smile:
    Feel free to add me.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    It really is more helpful to have a good group of supportive people on here, even if they are strangers:) They soon become friends:) Random friend request coming your way! LOL
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome!

It is fine to just invite friends whenever someone strikes a cord, the people here are very friendly and supportive so the more you reach out the more you get out of it.

It is fun and it is addictive, but in the most positive of senses!

Good luck! Feel free to add me as friend if you would like to!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!