I've got 100+ lbs to lose. Looking for friends!!!

Options
So...I had a username on here that people said was admitting that I would fail before I even started...so I deleted my account and started over (had already changed the name, so i couldn't change it again)

About me.

I just turned 33. I've been married for 9 1/2 years to my high school sweetheart, and we have an AWESOME 2 year old boy.

I've always been big...but never THIS big.

3 years ago i got super motivated and lost approx 70 lbs in an astonishing 6 months using MFP and exercising daily. then one day we went on vacation, and I NEVER went back to working out...

well, over the course of those 3 years, i've gained approx. 120 lbs.

I'm currently at 368 pounds. I just weighed in this morning for a Biggest loser competition at work. I'm hoping this will give me the motivation and accountability to get back on track with going to the gym and eating right.

I'm currently hoping for friends here on MFP to help me stay on track and accountable for my actions.

Some fun facts: I LOVE THE BAND 311. I've listened to them since I was 13. I am a home-brewer. Love brewing beer (great for the diet right???) I've been brewing for the better part of 3 years. I'm also an amateur chef and I love to cook!

I'm going to attempt to use the following 311 lyrics as my mantra for this journey of healthier habits:

You gotta keep on climbing the hill
cuz if you think you’ll make it you will
go swimming quick like a fish and every wish will be fulfilled

Here it is if anyone wants to hear it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUnTiKZIgFo

PLEASE ADD ME! LETS DO THIS!!

Replies

• sunfunliving
    Options
    You can totally do this!

Once you get into the habit of eating better and exercising (take it a step at a time), you will go right back to that routine again. Keep us posted. smile:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You sound motivated....that's great! You got this! Add me and I'll encourage you along the way.
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    Thanks!! I am pretty motivated! I just hope I can stick with it!

Besides getting healthy-the reason I'm doing this is my wife and I are going to Jamaica next year in June to celebrate our 10 year anniversary where we went on our honeymoon. We're going for 10 days.

Then we come home and I have appointments scheduled to start a 1/2 sleeve tattoo!

I'm using these as "Rewards" but now I've got to put the work in.

I'd love to get down to the weight I was when I got married, which was around 240, but that is a VERY tough goal to reach in 9 months. 130lbs. Yikes. I"m going to try and just push as hard as I can, eat as clean as I can, and see where I can get to before that.

My first milestone is getting under 300 lbs. Only 68 lbs to go.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a FR. I have 100 pounds to lose as well and am friendly, active on MFP daily. :)
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I also have 100+ lbs to lose and would love to help motivate. The more motivation the better.
  • Hi Healthy Habits, I have 106lbs to lose - I joined at the weekend, so am just starting out. But so far so good!! Day 5 and I've been surprised how much this app is helping already. I'm a UK based lady of 49.5 - need to make some serious inroads into this for my 50th Birthday in January.
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    request sent!
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a lady, but I'm also trying to get out of the 300s - 28 lbs to go! This goes for anybody, by the way - I love friends, the MFP Community is what keeps me going!!
  • 311!!!! Wow! I hadn't thought about them in some time. How awesome!

I'll send you a friend request, as well. I've got some serious work to do.

*hugs*
    Jean
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! My goal is about 150 lbs.

I don't brew beer, but within the past year started enjoying it once I learned beer does not equal Budweiser.
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    311!!!! Wow! I hadn't thought about them in some time. How awesome!

I'll send you a friend request, as well. I've got some serious work to do.

*hugs*
    Jean

Yup! 311 rules! Their new album stereolithic is amazing!! :)
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    Friend request sent! My goal is about 150 lbs.

I don't brew beer, but within the past year started enjoying it once I learned beer does not equal Budweiser.
    YUCK @ Budweiser!

It's all about Pale Ales and IPA's (or double/triple IPAs) for me!

I just brewed a honey pumpkin IPA :)
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    BUMP FOR MORE FRIENDS :)
  • MachineGunKelly78
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've lost 100 pounds in the past year and have 150 or so more to lose. Glad to see another 311 fan!
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!! and YAY for a 311 fan!! WOO HOO! :)
  • I have 50 to lose; im in..
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've set a goal of 97 lbs to lose. Open diary, only lost about 25 lbs since Jan. Open diary, feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    hi there currently i have 99 pounds to lose. I sent you Friend invite.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • HealthyHabits2015
    Options
    requests sent!!