Insanity-how much weight did you loose?

Options
mdove3411
mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
For those who have completed insanity how much weight did you loose from it? Also what was your starting weight?

Replies

• natmk07
    natmk07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i lost 10lbs my first round. and A LOT of inches!!! am 5'5 and my starting weight w insanity was 165
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    271-Starting weight
    I lost 15lbs
  • HisMandy
    HisMandy Posts: 26
    Options
    two years ago (2012) I did it and lost 7 pounds. I was around 200 when I did it and got to around 193.

I'm doing it again now, and I'm starting out as 241.1 but am in the second week and at 237.7 so it's doing great so far.

I do remember that last time I didn't see much weight loss in Month 1 and started to see some after I started Month 2. (I'm trying to complete Insanity before my trip on August 26th so I'm skipping the Cardio Recovery days, one I hate them and 2 I don't really need to since I take off Sundays, and I'm also taking off the recovery week like I did the first time)

Hope you get the results that you are looking for!! I'm 5'2 if that helps :)
  • mdove3411
    Options
    We're you guys also eating to loose weight too? What was your calorie intake like?
  • mdove3411
    Options
    For those who have completed insanity how much weight did you loose from it? Also what was your starting weight?
    What was your calorie intake like?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I lost about 22 pounds when I did Insanity last summer. I weighed about 240 when I started...and finished just under 220.

HOWEVER, I also finished with some pretty intense knee tendonitis in both knees. It got worse as I kept jumping up and down, day after day, doing these workouts. I went on to do 3 weeks of T25 after Insanity...and while T25 is not as intense, my knee pain just kept increasing. Finally, I had to stop exercising altogether. I got discouraged, began eating poorly again, and gained back the 22 pounds plus another 8 pounds by the end of the year.

Insanity is not a well put together program when considering the real potential for damage to your knees and lower back (particularly if you're quite a bit overweight). Yes, you will burn a ton of calories, but its not worth it. Fat loss is mostly from nutrition intake. You can really do any form of exercise as long as you're pushing yourself to some degree...and pushing yourself does not mean doing inherently stupid exercise programs that put undo impact on your knees day after day.

I strongly recommend reading this article which is an objective comparison for the original P90X, Insanity and Rushfit. As you will see, Insanity got a considerably lower score than the other two...and it downright failed in the sub-categories relating to the injury risk. By the way, I've done P90X3 and Rushfit this year and love both programs. While both include some plyo work (once per week...and much more controlled), neither have the same injury risk as Insanity. http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Be sure to take into consideration inches lost. You may find that the weight loss may not be as big than the inches you will lose from a program like insanity.

Track your measurements as well!

Good luck!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Here's a quote from that article link I provided. In the category of "overall program safety -- reducing the risk of injury", P90X and Rushfit each received a 9 (out of a possible 10). Insanity received a 4 with this note "High plyometric volume, lack of biomechanical coaching and knowledge, lack of understanding of energy pathways (i.e., appropriate work-to-recovery ratios) mean this program increases the risk of excessive fatigue, compromised technique, muscle soreness and possible injury"

In the category of "program design and progression", P90X and Rushfit each received an 8 (out of 10). Insanity received a 4 with this note "Little clarity or evidence of science in exercise selection or program design. Utilizes numerous exercises, but many exercises are indistinguishable from each other."

Personally, I like Shaun T's energy and I think T25 is a great program....but, with respect to his coaching cues in Insanity, the program received another 4 with this note: "Lack of foundational science knowledge (physiology and kinesiology) evident in coaching cues; regularly overlooks biomechanical mistakes. Incorrect identification of muscle function (e.g, role of core, stretching hip flexors)."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!