I see butts everywhere...

Options
Unfortunate trend that seems to be getting worse– not a lot of other runners out there when I've been out running around the neighborhood this summer, but I pass a lot of people in their yards smoking and see a ton of cigarette butts in the streets and parks.

Smokers: I have always respected your right to self-destruct, if you can confine your habit to areas where I don't have to breath second hand smoke, but this cigarette butt littering issue is turning the tide against you. I am at the point where I really don't care about your personal freedom if you don't stop throwing butts everywhere, and would probably support taxing the *kitten* out of tobacco even more the next time it is on the ballot.

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a complaint about booty shorts.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I agree and every time I see a smoker toss a butt out the window I get pissed! It isn't that hard to field dress it and throw it away at home. I know because I'm a former smoker and I never tossed a butt on the ground or out a window.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Amen...the world is their ashtray, you know! :grumble:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I wish for world peace
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Littering in general drives me crazy! I've been known to go off on people we've had over for get togethers and I see them throwing butts into the yard or sidewalk or parking lots when we've lived in buildings with other families. Now before people come over my husband puts out cups with water & points them out to the smokers. I guess my *****ing got a result of some kind!
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I like big butts, and I cannot lie.....

Amber? Are you with me girl???
  • Internistella
    Internistella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a reference to Tina on the show "Bob's Burgers" but alas it is about a real issue. Littering is gross.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a thread asking why people post butt pics on mfp.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sad that the last remaining "socially acceptable" littering is cigarette butts (even though I've noticed that littering in general seems to be on the rise).

I'm convinced that the only reason smoking is still legal is that governments around the world are addicted to the tax revenue......filthy, disgusting habit (says the guy who quit 25 years ago...)
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I run at my local park and people are smoking up a storm right off the walking path and throwing their butts everywhere. I have to hold my breath while I pass them, but that stuff sticks to your clothes, too.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a complaint about booty shorts.

I was going to make a happy comment about college being back in session. Instead it's about how smokers are classless with their trash. :(
  • burningstorm
    Options
    I register my complaint at the lack of actual butts in this thread.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I agree and every time I see a smoker toss a butt out the window I get pissed! It isn't that hard to field dress it and throw it away at home. I know because I'm a former smoker and I never tossed a butt on the ground or out a window.

you think that's annoying- wait till you're on a motorcycle at 75 mph and some *kitten* tosses it out the window- car flung butts are the worst.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a thread asking why people post butt pics on mfp.
    +1
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

As OP, I permit you to hijack this thread if you have any premium pics you'd like to contribute
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    MFP appropriate butt

VMskcqm.gif
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    This drives me nuts.
    We had a lovely party...a big party, food, booze, music etc. we provided sand buckets on the patio for smokers. we STILL had butts in the planters and on the slate. :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    This drives me so nuts. I hate it. It's like they get a free pass at littering, just because they're smokers. I bet I'd get hell for throwing an empty soda bottle into the street, but they get to leave butts everywhere they go? Make my environment disgusting? Another thing I hate is when smokers dispose of their butts in the street without even putting it out first. How awful.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ugh it pisses me off. I live next to an 11,000 acre state park, it is pure wildfire country, and we are in the middle of a 3 year drought. These woods are basically kindling waiting to be ignited...and I still see butts on the trail Really people, REALLY? :mad: