Do you love your legs?

Hi! This probably belongs in chit chat, but it'll certainly motivate me.

Question; Do you love your legs?
There's this woman with muscled legs I know (plays soccer) and she hates how 'thick' they are - I could smack her for that.:grumble:
And I have a friend who's tall with long slender legs, but she bemoans that they have no shape. She compares them to noodles.

It occurred to me that no one I've ever known was satisfied with how muscled/fat/skinny their legs were.

I've always felt my legs were the problem area. They'e big compared to the best of me and have no shape; the clalf goes straight to my heel with no definition int he ankles :huh: . I've taken up running, and slowly but surely I can see and feel muscle given them shape and I'm getting excited!...but I can't help but wonder if I will ever be 'leg happy'.

Have any of you even gotten your legs to look exactly like how you want?

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Ah, the classic "we always want what we don't have" tale! And, by your description it sounds like you have "cankles", like I used to. And yes, I used to hate my legs, too, until I actually got serious about working out and eating right. It took years of trial and error: way too much cardio, not enough fat and protein, etc. but I can honestly say I AM happy with my legs now! For me, heavy lifting has completely changed my body shape and my life, frankly. No more hours wasted on cardio machines at the gym. Now I set new goals regularly and can actually SEE results. Keep up what you're doing - sounds like you are on the right track!
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Oh yes, I really loooove my legs.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    I love my legs, my thighs are a bit bigger than I would like but they are still awesome.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Yep, I like my legs. They have never been what I consider to be a trouble spot for me. I don't really have much advice other than keep working on it. Running will be good but consider adding in strength training too. And try to look at your body as a whole and appreciate all that it does for you each day.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    My legs are the only part of my body aside from my hands that I wouldn't change!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I quite like mine! Doesn't mean my hamstrings couldn't be developed a bit more, but otherwise I think they look good on me. My thicker thighs fit well with my wide hips.
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    I used to be afflicted with leg hate (I can't find calf high boots that fit me to save my life).

It took a close friend being paralyzed by a freak accident at the age of 23 for me to realize something very very important: I will always love my legs. Perspective is key.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    They're not perfect, and they need work, but I love them. I love how far they've come since I started getting fit.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I absolutely love my legs!!
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Saucy I saw your legs..... I love your legs too. lol

Me... I'm getting there.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    compared to other body area's, i think my legs are prob my fave. happy :)
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    I have thick thighs and somewhat large calves, but damn I love my legs! Thick legs are sexy.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    no, i really don't. i can appreciate how muscular and powerful they are, but i wish they were longer and leaner. meh. c'est la vie.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Yeah, I've got good pins!
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Dude, I love my legs. My legs are awesome, and being 5'10", I have a lot of leg. Weight lifting helped me make them firm and strong, and I appreciate how they let me look over the tops of crowds. :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    I am learning to like my legs. Because the one thing I don't like is the one thing I cannot change...their length.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My legs look how I want them to look, yes. I have always been glad they were long, and ages ago - even as a teenager - I made peace with them just being huge & fat and having cellulite on my thighs. So now after losing a ton of weight I'm simply amazed that I don't have the appearance of as much cellulite as I did in the past, and my calves look awesome and my knees look normal & good.

Honestly though...at the risk of sounding melodramatic...the thing that made me love my legs was almost losing the right one due to brown recluse spider bites. Like, the amputation was discussed at length as a Plan B for the surgeries I had, in case they didn't work. So knowing that, 16 years later I just feel incredibly happy and lucky to have full use of my leg despite the gnarly scar.
  • My legs surprise me as they tend to look thinner in the windows and mirrors I walk past than I picture them in my head. So yeah, I guess I love my legs - apart from when it's freezing cold and they're covered in goosebumps.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    They are the only legs I have.. and they take me up the mountain trail and down again.. so yea.. I think I'll stick with these..
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    I love my legs. They are strong and supportive and I think look damn good in a pair of heels and a skirt!