Any big lads? 300lb+

Options
2»

Replies

• sedmach
    sedmach Posts: 6
    Options
    I was at 380 or so when I started in March. Just passed the 100 pound mark. I'm kind of looking forward to having some loose skin as a sort of badge and a reminder to never let myself get there again. Just like some guys have mentioned,
    I'm just glad to be shopping in regular clothes stores and not having trouble getting off the couch. Feel like a new man.
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well maybe this will help you maybe it wont.

YWIL3Xh.jpg

In the top pic I had already lost about 40 lbs and as you can see in the bottom pic I am a total and absolute failure. I failed so bad in every way. Maybe I hit all my weight lifting goals and diet goals 5 or 6 days during the whole year and few months it took me. I would eat to little some days or to much others and looking at all the other people and how they did it, my god I did everything all wrong.

LTwKfOP.jpg
    This is another pic of how bad I failed to build any muscle. All the gurus on here will tell you how you cant lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I should have listened to them. Oh boy do I have egg on my face, I should have listened to them, I feel so bad now. I would be so much farther ahead if I would have just taken their advice. Just look at my tiny arms, do I even lift!

VMj22M6.jpg
    Also because I should have taken longer then a year and a half to lose the weight, didn't drink a single drop of water or lift any weights at all, I ended up with lose skin. Oh no, I am sure it had nothing at all to do with the fact I have been overweight from about the 4th grade, and over 100 lbs overweight almost my whole adult life. No no no, it came from the fact I didn't listen to the great advice from random people on the internet, telling me I should drink water.

qNBCQ0D.jpg
    This is a pic of me from a few days ago being the only thing I know how to be, a total failure. Now every so often people will tell me how great I have done but I don't let that fool me for one second. Not when everyone on the other parts of this forum will always tell me how badly I have done.

So my advice to you is, don't ever try and live up to what others expectations of you are, because if you do you will always fail to meet them. I wont lie sometimes it can be real hard, having put in all the work, not gotten the results you were hoping for, and then have others throw it in your face because of their hangups. Success is something you are going to have to achieve on your own terms, you shouldn't let little things like some extra skin keep you from it. Yes the journey will be a tough one but I wouldn't trade mine because in the end it wasn't about some numbers on a scale but I became a better person for it.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Another question for you big guys, did you suffer with back pain? I have awful backache right now which prevents me from standing or sitting for extended periods without extreme pain. I was wondering how much the weight loss helped reduce your aches and pains?

I'm not a man but my back was badly injured in a car accident years ago. I've lost 85# to date. Although I still have pain, now it's more because of the injury and not from the extra weight.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well maybe this will help you maybe it wont.

YWIL3Xh.jpg

In the top pic I had already lost about 40 lbs and as you can see in the bottom pic I am a total and absolute failure. I failed so bad in every way. Maybe I hit all my weight lifting goals and diet goals 5 or 6 days during the whole year and few months it took me. I would eat to little some days or to much others and looking at all the other people and how they did it, my god I did everything all wrong.

LTwKfOP.jpg
    This is another pic of how bad I failed to build any muscle. All the gurus on here will tell you how you cant lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I should have listened to them. Oh boy do I have egg on my face, I should have listened to them, I feel so bad now. I would be so much farther ahead if I would have just taken their advice. Just look at my tiny arms, do I even lift!

VMj22M6.jpg
    Also because I should have taken longer then a year and a half to lose the weight, didn't drink a single drop of water or lift any weights at all, I ended up with lose skin. Oh no, I am sure it had nothing at all to do with the fact I have been overweight from about the 4th grade, and over 100 lbs overweight almost my whole adult life. No no no, it came from the fact I didn't listen to the great advice from random people on the internet, telling me I should drink water.

qNBCQ0D.jpg
    This is a pic of me from a few days ago being the only thing I know how to be, a total failure. Now every so often people will tell me how great I have done but I don't let that fool me for one second. Not when everyone on the other parts of this forum will always tell me how badly I have done.

So my advice to you is, don't ever try and live up to what others expectations of you are, because if you do you will always fail to meet them. I wont lie sometimes it can be real hard, having put in all the work, not gotten the results you were hoping for, and then have others throw it in your face because of their hangups. Success is something you are going to have to achieve on your own terms, you shouldn't let little things like some extra skin keep you from it. Yes the journey will be a tough one but I wouldn't trade mine because in the end it wasn't about some numbers on a scale but I became a better person for it.

Sexy!!!!! :flowerforyou: :blushing: you are one beautiful man! Amazing job!
  • 100dayjohn
    100dayjohn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I'm just starting out on MFP and looking for some inspiration....u guys on here are doing great....
    Just one question... some posters don't have the option for people to view their mfp diary...why not? it would be great to see how you achieved these results....crusadersam, povertystriken,stevemfp123 ? i'd love to see what sort of food an nutrition you consumed to get those results...
    Amazing results guys..Great to have a bit more info...
    cheers John
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I am not a lad but I started at 400 plus and am down to 250. THere is lose skin for me but no where what I thought it would be and I will take it any day over what I was :) As far as back pain I used to have it now I don't :)
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am not a lad but I started at 400 plus and am down to 250. THere is lose skin for me but no where what I thought it would be and I will take it any day over what I was :) As far as back pain I used to have it now I don't :)

wow - you are doing an incredible job. Congratulations!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing some successful transformations from some big guys, I started at just under 300lb myself although at my heaviest I was probably closer to 320lbs. The thing that scares me most about losing weight is being left with lots of extra skin which I can't afford to have removed.

I've got loose skin on my chest, stomach and legs--some on my arms too. It's a fair trade-off for a 250 pound loss. As I slowly introduce resistance training I'll get it to a minimum.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Another question for you big guys, did you suffer with back pain? I have awful backache right now which prevents me from standing or sitting for extended periods without extreme pain. I was wondering how much the weight loss helped reduce your aches and pains?

Yes and to be quite honest, I still do. To this point I've gutted it out and worked through it with low impact exercise and being very careful.
    BUT, here's the thing - I recently started going to physical therapy for my back which is something I never would have done at 318lbs. Partly due to embarrassment, but also in part because my physical well being wasn't a priority (obviously). Now it is though and it's funny how through this process you really start to look at all of the things in your life that could use improvement. It's really given me some clarity and helped me cut through all the BS excuses I was making in my life.

THIS- for sure.... applies to so many other areas, I am finding.

312 May 13th - 278 today. Seems to be gradually reshaping...may end up with a few cosmetic dings, but hey I put them there. I figure thats the price of poker.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Used to. Aside from eating too much and moving too little, in my early 20's I messed up my back pretty bad from a nasty fall. Sitting and laying down I had no problems but any kind of moving hurt. Nothing unbearable that required meds but it just hurt. So I avoided physical activity when I could. I was like this for most of my 20's. When I began at 29 it sucked. It really, really sucked. Walking 1 mile would take me a little over 1 hr to complete because of the soreness I felt and needing to sit down and rest. My doctor reassured me it would get better and as I dropped the weight and became more active, it did. After losing a little over 110 lbs the aches and pain I had went away. Hasn't returned since.
  • josh4184
    josh4184 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, was very healthy and athletic in High School, but skip 13 years later I hit 308 lbs at my peak. Scared the crap out of me. What was even worse is I went on a walk with my wife about two months ago and was out of breath after only a few minutes. That was all the wake up I needed, been about 50 days now and have lost about 25lbs and am sitting at 278 right now. I was a little to aggressive with my weight loss for the two months so have upped ,my calorie intake to slow it down to about 10-12 lbs a month. Still have a long ways to go but this is the longest I have ever stuck to anything in my life. It has turned into an addiction actually, can't wait to workout everyday, log everything I eat which used to be a choir now I don't even realize I am doing it.

I used to get frustrated with seeing how many in my family including my wife can eat anything they want and don't gain a pound, but I stopped using that as an excuse. I think for the longest time I just convinced myself that being at my previous weight was acceptable which I was just lying to myself. I have now turned all of that into a lifestyle change, which I think everyone on here can agree that this is one of the toughest aspects in losing weight. My goal is to be under 250 by X-Mas this year and hopefully by my Birthday next April be around 215 (Goal Weight) where I was in my peak sports playing days.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had what I generally referred to as a 'bad back' for years. Not any more, no problems with my back whatsoever any more, that's having gone down from 330lb to 178-180 (ish).
  • Wazzer_B
    Wazzer_B Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Having just started and weighing in at 321lbs, you guys are an inspiration to me. Thank you for posting.
  • fitbilldc
    fitbilldc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Started at 297.5 lbs on June 1, 2014 now at 257 lbs. Slow but steady progress. Didn't put the weight on overnight and don't expect it to miraculously disappear, but I am looking forward to the day when I can report that I've hit my goal. Until then, good luck to all of us!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Having just started and weighing in at 321lbs, you guys are an inspiration to me. Thank you for posting.

I was right there with you. It can absolutely be done. Patience is the challenge. :-/
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Started at 297.5 lbs on June 1, 2014 now at 257 lbs. Slow but steady progress. Didn't put the weight on overnight and don't expect it to miraculously disappear, but I am looking forward to the day when I can report that I've hit my goal. Until then, good luck to all of us!

Dropping 40 pounds in 3 months is pretty damn good. Congrats on your progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!