Gained a few lbs. - Be my friend?

Options
So, I got totally derailed due to the stress level changing at my job and my poor stress management skills. I recently stopped everything in order to refocus on my eating habits. This does mean that I no longer do many workouts. My eating got wildly out of control and binge-y. That's not cool and not a good example for my kids, so I'm restarting there - with food.

I use a FitBit to track steps and calories burned throughout the day. No, I don't hit 10k steps per day as I have a very sedentary desk job. I do my absolute best to eat at a 500 calorie deficit from my RMR (resting metabolic rate). Most days, I'm right on target.

Of the weight I gained (15 lbs.), I have lost 1.2 lbs. of it, and I'm very proud.

If anyone wants to be a new friend, feel free to send a request!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you should be eatinG 500 cals less than TDEE, not RMR.
  • TracyFalk69
    TracyFalk69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I wish you luck and sent a friend request :smile:
  • Fraileya19
    Options
    you should be eatinG 500 cals less than TDEE, not RMR.

What does TDEE mean? New abbreviation to me.
  • elizashopsalot
    elizashopsalot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day! I sent you a friend request. I have been struggling the last few months and re-committed to myself today. I don't want my children to have my poor eating habits either.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My mistake.... sorry all!!

My life is so sedentary that I rarely exceed my RMR... my RMR is 1980, my TDEE rarely (these days) taps out above 2200. I basically get up, get dressed, sit on my butt to drive to work, sit at a desk all day, including my lunch break that should be an hour but I never actually HAVE an hour to eat, sit at my desk the rest of the day, sit while driving home, make dinner and get kids to be ASAP then pass out at 9pm. If I make more than 3k steps in a day, that is pretty active for me.

It wasn't always this way. I used to run 3 times a week, do a HIIT lifiting class once a week and do p90x yoga on the weekends. All of that is gone now.
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My mistake.... sorry all!!

My life is so sedentary that I rarely exceed my RMR... my RMR is 1980, my TDEE rarely (these days) taps out above 2200. I basically get up, get dressed, sit on my butt to drive to work, sit at a desk all day, including my lunch break that should be an hour but I never actually HAVE an hour to eat, sit at my desk the rest of the day, sit while driving home, make dinner and get kids to be ASAP then pass out at 9pm. If I make more than 3k steps in a day, that is pretty active for me.

It wasn't always this way. I used to run 3 times a week, do a HIIT lifting class once a week and do p90x yoga on the weekends. All of that is gone now.

Don't apologize! You came here looking for support on the "motivation and support" board. Some people on MFP think it's their job to cruise the message boards,correct other people with their "expertise" and "brilliant knowledge" with out showing an ounce of support. For goodness sakes- they need to get a life!
    That being said- I'm here for you sister! I'm on daily, I'm always positive, motivating and supportive. I don't judge and will only give advice WHEN ASKED FOR IT. ;)
  • bagpuss66
    bagpuss66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm having similar issues and sliding away from the progress made. Friend request sent and if you would like to link on fitbit you can find me here

//www.fitbit.com/user/25FN77
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for so much support from some new faces! It's great to see that I can still be supportive of others and humble enough to ask for support too.

If you enjoy my posts or just feel like it, let your friends know I'm awesome!
  • bmaine22
    bmaine22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really thought your username was DAIRY QUEEN and it made me really hungry for a blizzard! ughhh *fat girl moment* :blushing: