Zumba!!

Options
I just youtubed Zumba and worked out to it. Boy it kicked my butt. Does anybody know how many calories you can burn doing Zumba? It is not in the database.

Replies

• Sohnsearae
    Options
    I think it really depends how much effort you put into it. I take a zumba class that lasts for 1 hour, the instructors say you burn between 500 and 600 calories in that hour. Hope that helps.
  • littlemissgreedy
    littlemissgreedy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I list it as aerobics, high impact as i push myself as hard as possible during Zumba class. Have fun!
  • cookiejones
    Options
    You can burn a lot. I'm an instructor and burn around 800 per hour class!! :)
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've found the calories burned on different sites and its anywhere from 400-900 cal for 60 min.
    When I use my HRM with my 20 min video its usually around 130cal burned. I just got the HRM so haven't wore it to my 60 min class yet but looking forward to it tonight!
  • BlkOnyx488
    Options
    Hi there I am a Zumba instructor. And instructors who use the heart monitors say the burn between 500 and 800 Calories.

If I remember when I am teaching class I will bring my heart monitor and see what it says and let you know! :)
  • joenstefanie51609
    Options
    Thanks everbody