Why am I such a pig at night !!

Options
Most days I eat like a saint all day but then come late evening I develop a bottom pit and turn into a god damn pig. I am annoying myself? I have no will power at night and I cant find any will power for sale on ebay, please help?!

Replies

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat like a saint all day but then come late evening I develop a bottom pit and turn into a god damn pig. I am annoying myself? I have no will power at night and I cant find any will power for sale on ebay, please help?!

PLEASE stop talking about me, lol! This is me exactly. I find my resolve is just down at night. I've been reading different ideas- like going to bed earlier, for example. Right now, I am just logging it all, no matter what I eat. I then go back and look at trends. I see that I am reaching for carbs- cookies, chips, triscuits that I would not normally eat. I have started making popcorn instead since it's lower calorie/ higher volume and allows me to munch.

I also know I eat out of fatigue/ stress so I try to fit something fun into my day (like dancing, yoga, or even calling a friend) so that I don't have to "treat" myself at night. I don't know if any of this will work but I'm making small changes!
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Are you doing anything at night? Boredom eating is awful at night for me. Watching tv better have something in my mouth while I watch or at least something to drink. Or you could just limit your snacks, pre-portion them out in baggies, it's better than just having a box of something in reach.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Because you are not busy. I know it sucks. But when we relax at the end of a busy day we tend to reach for a snack and a comfy place.
  • Dourpussdora
    Dourpussdora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am EXACTLY the same!!!!, its normally through boredom though because when im at work I don't think about eating cos im too busy. I tend to go for a bath/phone a friend/have a cleaning frenzy or look at stuff online to try and keep me busy.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been told to consume sugarless candies for thirst because of water restriction for kidney failure. I have found that your mouth can't do too much more damage when you've got one of those 5 calorie Hall's vitamin C drops in there. Keep your mouth busy with those, or even a large lollipop.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I do that at night as well but its not out of boredom for me. its the time when ive finally settled down to watch tv and I must have something to eat while I watch my favorite shows. makes the tv shoe more interesting lol sounds stupid I know but it happens to the best of us
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything wrong with being a pig a night. It becomes a problem when you overeat and gain fat pounds. Plan your calories accordingly and enjoy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, this is when we are finally free to settle in and relax. Try saving some of your calories for snacks in the evening.
  • leew88
    leew88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    nice to see im not alone at least haha
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You've given yourself permission to be a pig at night. Just don't do it. Assess your hunger. Are you legitimately hungry? Or are you just bored?
    I do that at night as well but its not out of boredom for me. its the time when ive finally settled down to watch tv and I must have something to eat while I watch my favorite shows. makes the tv shoe more interesting lol

That's the definition of boredom. Your show is not exciting enough unless you're also eating as well. That was a mindset that I HAD to get out of if I was going to be successful. Having my popcorn at the movie makes it special, but not every tv show or youtube video HAS to be made a special occasion with food.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Do something to keep your hands busy at night while calming down. I'm not one to eat while I game I'm heals so I have to be paying attention and on point so I don't have time. If that's not your thing there's other stuff spectacular fails in the past for me have been knitting, sewing, crochet, and needle point (though I'm actually not bad at the last one.) As a side to the first offering all the jobs in the game are important that's just the one I'm good at.
  • leew88
    leew88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do something to keep your hands busy at night while calming down. I'm not one to eat while I game I'm heals so I have to be paying attention and on point so I don't have time. If that's not your thing there's other stuff spectacular fails in the past for me have been knitting, sewing, crochet, and needle point (though I'm actually not bad at the last one.) As a side to the first offering all the jobs in the game are important that's just the one I'm good at.

what game? :D i play bf4 but i just go afk to eat if im hungry haha
  • wubbykid
    wubbykid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When it's night, I get cold and my body tells me to eat. This happens to me more in the winter obviously. I guess my body wants food to warm it up!