Losing the last five pounds...

Options
Hi All,

My weight loss has stalled majorly the last month or so. I'm almost to my goal weight. I am sticking around 1200 - 1300 calories a day, I work out 7 days a week for at least an hour, I'm mixing up my workouts, and I just don't know what else to do! It's very frustrating. As for my workouts, I do Zumba 3 days a week for around an hour each. My calorie burn is less now for the same amount of time than originally, but I've lost 89 lbs, so that's expected. I play tennis whenever possible and also ride my bike like 20 - 30 miles depending on how much time I have. On days when I cannot do those things, I go to the gym and do the rowing machine, lifting weights, the elliptical and jogging on the treadmill. I do that at least 3 days a week. I just don't know what else I should be doing. I can't really lower my calories more than they are, and I'm watching my carbs and sugar and sodium, although sometimes I do go over in the sodium. I'm staying away from white bread and pasta as much as possible and eat nuts and veggies and fruits as much as I can. It's all been working wonderfully until recently. I'm up and down the same three pounds probably for even more than a month at this point :(

Any suggestions on what I can do to take off the last five pounds or so?

Thanks!

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I came on here to see what suggestion people may have. We are in the same dam boat I swear. I get sick of seeing the same dam lbs go up and down so much that I don't even want to look most days. All we can do is keep on pushing on and know that all that working out and eating healthy is adding years to your life and how you feel and look so its not all in vain. Maybe our bodies are protesting. :drinker: Great job on the loss, don't forget all you have done to get where you are now. The stuggle is part of the journey.:flowerforyou:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    To both of you, AMAZING work! Congratulations!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? Also, have you considered dropping some cardio and adding in more resistance training?And do you have any medical conditions (PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc..). And what is your height, weight and age? I will say for an active person, I dont know why you are eating such low calories. Most people doing that much work are eating 1700-2100 calories to lose weight, pending no medical conditions.
  • lkh1234
    Options
    Jen I think you eating way too few calories for the amount of exercise that you do. I did the same thing for a while during my weightloss and the same thing happened to me. I have looked at your diary many times since I am your friend, I personally think you have to start eating more. You look wonderful now, maybe your body has decided this is where you should be. A person lets this consume their life worrying about losing, losing, losing. Maybe you could consider starting to just maintain,,,,like I said you look GREAT!!!!!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful now, maybe your body has decided this is where you should be. A person lets this consume their life worrying about losing, losing, losing. Maybe you could consider starting to just maintain,,,,like I said you look GREAT!!!!!
    I agree,...you look fabulous!
    Don't think you need to lose any more weight IMO.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating a bit more??? You do a lot of exercise?

Have you worked out your BMR & TDEE after the 80+ lbs loss... You weigh less now? Maybe different numbers you need to stick too?

You drinking enough water?

Up your protein & good fats I would say aswell : )
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi all. At work so I can't answer right now but thanks for all your responses and I will respond in a little while.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I'm sticking to 1200 calories. I eat back my exercise calories. I weigh once a week. It will happen. Stick to 1200 and do what I'm doing and you should see the weight go down. Do not forget that weight fluctuates especially for women, we have menstruation so that makes our weight go up. Don't weigh during that time- I don't. Take it as it comes don't put so much pressure on yourself.
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I think I do need to reassess my TDEE. I am afraid of eating more calories and feel horrible when I even go over 1300. I know that's silly. Perhaps I should try for a week or two to eat a little more. I also know I have to do more strength training. I just hate it for some reason. I've tried to make myself like it, but I don't. The most I've been doing lately is the rowing machine and the elliptical and some free weights. I am just not sure how much I should be doing of what and how much weight I should do. And what can I do to enjoy it? I look forward to my elliptical and especially bike riding and tennis. i cannot imagine looking forward to lifting weights, but I know it's a necessary evil.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback and I think I will have to reassess what I'm doing and how much I eat to start losing again. A lot of people say I've lost enough, and I do like how I look, but there are some areas of my body I'd still like to lose some fat, like in my knee area and stomach and inner thighs. So, we'll see...