Your Most Delicious/Decadent Restaurant Meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Saturday night my husband and I went to a favorite Thai place near our house and I got my usual Crying Tiger salad, which was AMAZING (tons of lean perfectly cooked & seasoned beef in a spicy salad with cabbage, onion, basil, lemongrass, etc) and I had a large bowl of Jasmine rice with it. Later in the evening, we went to a fancy bakery downtown and brought home a variety of cookies. I enjoyed a meltaway (peanut butter with chocolate & caramel inside) and a mug of hazelnut tea. It was a delicious "meal".
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I recently had Cajun trout over a crawfish corn cake at one of my favorite local places. It was out of this world.

This sounds delicious!!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    Yesterdays Birthday Dinner. Very simple, but in the most satisfying way.

Fried Squash Blossoms with Stuffed Ricotta and Pesto
    Wood Oven BLT Pizza with Heirloom Tomatoes, Arugula, and Garlic Aoli
    Dessert was a "S'more": Homemade Marshmallow, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Graham Ice Cream, Fudge Sauce
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    We've had this convo before, Brazilian Steakhouses are the best!!!

yes yes we have- I'm sure we'll have it again. ;)

I was with BF this weekend- and the one we go to up north- i think we are the ONLY people who ever do the full rodezio... everyone else always orders off the menu- but it's not like Chima's- it's much smaller- they bring you a certain order of meat- as much of it as you want- but it really only passes through once- and when you get to the end- they let you pick what you want more of- we only ever get skirt steak and Picania- their turkey wrapped in bacon is meh compared to the ones by me.

I can't remember what the places is called- hold on- let me google- it's in Hackensack

Choripan Rodizio

that's the name- almost every time I visit him (he usually comes here) we go- so maybe once a month? if not every other- either way- they know us and remember us even though it's only once a month- super super nice people. Love it there- food is great.

They have the best sweet potato fry's and this really fantastic light salad with oil and vinegar. NOMNOMNOM- why is not lunch yet- now I'm hungry!!!

I"ll have to check that place out for sure, sounds amazing.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE..... I want to swim in a vat of it
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    The most recent is probably a lobster roll from Red's lobster shack in Maine. Over a year ago, and I still think about it.

Rolls perfectly toasted and buttery, lobsters literally delivered from the trappers while we were waiting in line. Over a pound of lobster meat (with multiple claws) on one roll with just a bit of clarified butter as a dressing. As fresh as it is possible to get.

Funny thing. I don't even generally like lobster. It's just THAT much better than any other lobster I've ever had.

Another amazing meal I can't get out of my head - a sage and butternut cannelloni I had back when I was looking at colleges in the northeast. Can't remember the name of the restaurant for the life of me. Just that they had the absolute lightest and most delicate pasta. The filling was savory, not sweet at all (hard with butternut squash), and almost fluffy like a souffle. Never had any other pasta to compare. Not even in Italy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    We've had this convo before, Brazilian Steakhouses are the best!!!

yes yes we have- I'm sure we'll have it again. ;)

I was with BF this weekend- and the one we go to up north- i think we are the ONLY people who ever do the full rodezio... everyone else always orders off the menu- but it's not like Chima's- it's much smaller- they bring you a certain order of meat- as much of it as you want- but it really only passes through once- and when you get to the end- they let you pick what you want more of- we only ever get skirt steak and Picania- their turkey wrapped in bacon is meh compared to the ones by me.

I can't remember what the places is called- hold on- let me google- it's in Hackensack

Choripan Rodizio

that's the name- almost every time I visit him (he usually comes here) we go- so maybe once a month? if not every other- either way- they know us and remember us even though it's only once a month- super super nice people. Love it there- food is great.

They have the best sweet potato fry's and this really fantastic light salad with oil and vinegar. NOMNOMNOM- why is not lunch yet- now I'm hungry!!!

I"ll have to check that place out for sure, sounds amazing.

let me know if you go- they are fabulous- little bit dingey- it's right across from a hookah palace (they just sell hookah- they don't smoke there) and next to like a weird lingerie shop.

But it self is very nice- lovely wood floors- big open windows.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Some lovely sounding meals in there.
    I must confess, I have never had lobster. I love seafood, but it is always so damn expensive here in the Uk.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    this past spring, at a little innocuous-sounding bistro, i had escargot, duck 3 ways (seared breast, confit thigh, and a slice of foie gras) over mashed cauliflower, roasted brussels sprouts, with a side of woodland mushrooms. i don't think i've ever had food that was cooked so perfectly and so freaking GOOD in my entire life... i can still taste the foie gras! i wanted to finish it but couldn't, and had to apologize to the waiter.

dessert was homemade peach ice cream from another little shop down the street. the next time my husband and i go out for a special occassion, i want to go back!
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    April 2012 my wife and I took a month long vacation before having kids (a last hurrah for a while), part of which was a couple days at Disney World. During which we had dinner at Victoria and Alberts. I can't remember exactly what we ate, but it was seven courses, there were bread and butter pairings with each course (that made sense), the wine was A-mazing and they treated us like royalty. The punch line, (sure I knew it would be expensive, but my wife assured me it wasn't too bad), total cost was $2 more than the monthly car payment we had at the time. But, it was a meal worthy every penny. We even got to keep the menus, I'll have to try to dig it up so I can see what we ate exactly.
  • EmpressZhark
    EmpressZhark Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This was the 7 course tasting menu I had recently at a vegetarian restaurant in Manchester:

2r24rp4.jpg

It was amazing - the beer battered halloumi dish might as well have been fish & chips. It's the first time I've ever eaten radish, or celery, without complaint.

Absolutely fantastic - and I say this as a girl who enjoys a good blue steak every now & again too!

Me & the OH are definitely going back again, it was utterly divine.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Berns Steakhouse in the SOHO area of south Tampa. Naturally aged beef, fresh grown vegetables, amazing wine list, followed by a visit to their dessert room. Oh, my! Obviously not a meal that I've had in a couple of years, probably won't have again, but still remember with a smile.
  • highcarbveganzombie
    Options
    My father, some friends and I went to a local steakhouse called Left T's. I had an 8 ounce top sirloin with a ton of broccoli with butter. It was DIVINE. I'm going back for my birthday in October. Whoo!
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite restaurant meals was in San Francisco a couple years ago:
    - table side caesar salad with Boudin sourdough croutons
    - lobster bisque
    - dungeness crab, lobster, prawns and asparagus in a garlic cream sauce over pasta
    - chocolate lava cake with creme anglaise and caramel
    - lots of delicious wine with dinner, and a double shot of Oban with dessert

Not only was the meal fantastic, but I had a wonderful view of the sun setting over the Golden Gate Bridge.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Berns Steakhouse in the SOHO area of south Tampa. Naturally aged beef, fresh grown vegetables, amazing wine list, followed by a visit to their dessert room. Oh, my! Obviously not a meal that I've had in a couple of years, probably won't have again, but still remember with a smile.

You gotta love the dessert room at Bern's. The homemade Macadamia Nut Ice Cream is superb.
  • pDub000
    pDub000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There's a restaurant in my city that offers All You Can Eat Crab Legs! I will wreck shop on that place! Obviously it is a splurge meal, but it is sooooo good!
  • pDub000
    pDub000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great. I didn't even eat the lobster roll in question, but now it's on my mind!
    :laugh:
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Best meal I've had recently was my sister's surprise bachelorette party. We went to a tapas place. It was amazing. There was pallea, grilled shrimp, tiny lamb chops, stuffed cherry tomatoes all so yummy. But my favorite was the deep fried goat cheese with a caramelized onion relish. Wow, I could have eaten nothing but that. Oh and there was more peach sangria than was wise, but it also very tasty.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Best restaurant meal I've had recently was a bison ribeye from Ted's Montana Grill.