Need some new friends... PCOS cysters trying to lose weight

Options
Hello,
I'm looking for some new friends. Feel free to add me... Trying to lose this weight but my pcos/insulin resistance is in the way! Could use more support and ill give back as well.!! :)

Replies

• StrangeKraem
    StrangeKraem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another PCOS-gal here!
    Just wanted to point out that there's an awesome group here called "P.C.O.SIS", you should join it!
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm right there with you.
  • fleshyflower
    Options
    i need friends too.
    ~Post; Motivational quotes & Fitspiration :)
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My new pcos sister<3 it's hard but possible to lose weight. Think about my idol victoria beckham who also has it :) she runs 6 days a week and follows a strict diet! I wish we didn't have to but we have to be extra careful with what carbs and sugars we put in out body ;( it's been so hard for me to lose weight and I really haven't but after working out and eat right I feel like I look better and I defiantly an happier :) adddd me
  • Angelblb20
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • fitmiks2015
    fitmiks2015 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Another cyster here! Feel free to add me. I've been losing steadily but painfully slowly at about 2lbs a month. Been logging religiously for 115 days, and intend to keep going until I beat my insulin resistance into submission. :)
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Feel free to add me.
  • princesschelley
    Options
    Hi ladies.. am newly diagnosed PCOS just this past weekend and it's been quite a few days of confusion, anger, sadness, and regret.. mostly because i feel that I let myself down, that this is something I could have gotten a handle of.. definitely sad because I was hoping to have gotten pregnant by now, almost 2 yrs into my marriage with my awesome and amazing husband.

but i know i need to move on beyond the initial shock of the news and do something about it. I would like to ask for help regarding what to eat and what your favorite activities are that has helped you exercise and lose the weight. I am overwhelmed by all the literature that's out there, if there is some basic foods I can start from that has worked for you, I'd definitely love to know and incorporate into my lifestyle/diet change...

Thanks ladies!
  • kourtneysullivan
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I also have PSOC, ( for about 10) years now. I could really use some friends in the same boat. I have about 100 pounds I want to lose.
  • Catter_05
    Options
    Hi ladies.. am newly diagnosed PCOS just this past weekend and it's been quite a few days of confusion, anger, sadness, and regret.. mostly because i feel that I let myself down, that this is something I could have gotten a handle of.. definitely sad because I was hoping to have gotten pregnant by now, almost 2 yrs into my marriage with my awesome and amazing husband.

but i know i need to move on beyond the initial shock of the news and do something about it. I would like to ask for help regarding what to eat and what your favorite activities are that has helped you exercise and lose the weight. I am overwhelmed by all the literature that's out there, if there is some basic foods I can start from that has worked for you, I'd definitely love to know and incorporate into my lifestyle/diet change...

Thanks ladies!

I don't believe that this was necessarily in your control. So, don't beat yourself up :). And now that you know you are doing something, that's awesome!
    What I was told was to cut refined sugars from my diet and keep my total sugar low. (No more than 7 in any two hour period). I was also told to cut carbs down. I try to keep mine below 100 a day. Also add exercise if you don't already. I eat a lot of chobani simply 100 Greek yogurt (pineapple, peach, vanilla and strawberry are under 7 sugars). I still eat oatmeal and lots of veggies :). I added running to my routine too :). I don't think this is necessarily the right thing for everyone but it works for me.

Anyone can feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • princesschelley
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't believe that this was necessarily in your control. So, don't beat yourself up :). And now that you know you are doing something, that's awesome!
    What I was told was to cut refined sugars from my diet and keep my total sugar low. (No more than 7 in any two hour period). I was also told to cut carbs down. I try to keep mine below 100 a day. Also add exercise if you don't already. I eat a lot of chobani simply 100 Greek yogurt (pineapple, peach, vanilla and strawberry are under 7 sugars). I still eat oatmeal and lots of veggies :). I added running to my routine too :). I don't think this is necessarily the right thing for everyone but it works for me.

Anyone can feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Awww thanks, yeah I do get hard on myself... this was just one of those things that I had to "feel" it and then let it go and get to work lol...

I LOVE Greek yogurt so i'm really glad that isn't one of the things cut out from the list of foods... whew!

I started walking at least 30mins a day and hopefully working myself up to running again, i do miss the "burn" of that.

How long did it take you to lose the weight? Thanks again for the encouragement :)
  • Catter_05
    Options
    Years ago before I was pregnant I was a size 16. I know that doesn't seem so bad, but I exercised a lot and I come from a family with a lot of very thin people who have a tendency to fat shame. I had been to Drs. who told me there was nothing wrong with me and I was in awful pain. Then to the great joy of my husband and I we thought I was pregnant. When I went to the Dr. what they found was a grapefruit sized endometrioma on one of my ovaries and nasty cysts on both. To make a long story short, with the use of surgeries, medication and a lot of medical intervention I was finally able to have a child who is now nine.

I was unable to have more children, unfortunately and had to have a hysterectomy. I was in so much pain. Once the pain was gone I was able to focus on getting healthy. Within 2 years I was down to a size 8 :). I've put a little of the weight back on and I think it has to do with normal PCOS metabolism issues (my endocrinologist told me that most likely I would need more intervention as age tends to exacerbate PCOS weight issues. So as I hit the 40 mark I'm noticing the weight is getting tougher and tougher to keep off. I had gained weight and couldn't lose it.). That's when I decided to go with the low carb approach too and up my exercise regime from walking and yoga. So far I have lost 10 of the 20 I'm trying to lose. It seems to be coming off fast and I think it's because I'm not hungry :). I used to be hungry constantly!

So to answer your question, it can take a while, but it's possible. You may need to stay open minded and be willing to try new things as you get older.
  • esavoy88
    esavoy88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    PCOS cyster here too! Joined back in March... forgot about it (I know, terrible lol) and I'm back on. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • bertasmom
    bertasmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Please feel free to add me too! I'm looking for fellow PCOS friends.

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 46. Looking back, this has been an issue for me for decades but I guess I never gave my doctor the right information and it just kept getting worse.

Now that I know, I can work around it and finally begin getting rid of this weight!
  • 4anthistime
    Options
    add me to im new here and would love extra motivation :)
  • mellisamontgomery2055
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have had surgery due to big cysts. My BC is causing weight gain.
  • Dezzie1180
    Dezzie1180 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have pcos and I really need motivated friends. I need to lose over a 100 lbs. So far I've lost 40 total. Feel free to add me.
  • crissygm
    crissygm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Just getting back on here after not being on for a while! Add me if you'd like :)
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've have PCOS for a while now but it's getting to the point where I may need to have surgery for them. I don't know how I'll be during that but I'm going to try my best.
  • deadducky112
    deadducky112 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, feel free to add me :)