Do you log how much water you drink per day?

Options
I'm wondering bc I don't but I see people who do.

Replies

• kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I find if I log it, I am more mindful of drinking more water. I don't get enough hydration when I don't.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't. But I only drink water during the day, and at night for dinner I'll have crystal light. I have a water bottle that I go through 3-4 times, so I know I'm getting enough water.
  • alisidewinder06
    alisidewinder06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The app recommends 8 glasses a day. During the week I hit maybe 5. 6 if im lucky. On the weekends I have no problem hitting that cuz I'm at the beach and its hot here. So I'm chugging water on the weekends. It really does depend on how much you should consume based on your habits like working out, activity, food, blah blah blah.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When I started using MFP, I was not drinking nearly enough water, so I logged it as a way to remind myself to drink more. After a few months, I quit because I was in a great habit of drinking a ton of water. I have not logged it in a year or so. However, I think I may start again because lately I'm really not doing very well about drinking water on weekends. I do well M-F when I am at work, but on weekends I am more likely to just have coffee with breakfast, water at lunch, and wine, beer or soda at dinner...whereas M-F I drink about 10 cups (or more) of water. Might have to do that. If you feel you're sufficiently hydrated I don't think it is a "must".
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just carry around a 1 liter bottle and try to drink 3 of them.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Nope. I drink when I'm thirsty, when I'm exercising, and when I think of it. I pay low-level attention to the color of my urine as a rough guideline.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do. I make sure I drink half my bodyweight in ounces of water.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've got a water bottle that holds the equivalent of 4 cups so I aim to fill it up twice. If I don't track it I slack on drinking it.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I track using an app on my phone. When I don't, I forget to drink and end up having only 2-3 cups of water in a day.
  • 7seas_sailing
    7seas_sailing Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a sports dietician for the last few months, and she's also said the same thing Jonalee1977 says. I drink half my body weight in ounces per day. I can usually do this with no real problem.
  • OnTheGround
    Options
    I don't log water because its never been an issue for me. I log what I NEED to in order to stay on track. My water intake has never been an issue. If you struggle with it, I'd say log it.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I forget all the time because it doesn't "count".
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I always felt like I drank enough until my husband came down with kidney stones and quickly it was yet another reminder of how much one should drink a day.

Since I have been logging my food I now do and I have a container that I fill every morning that helps remind me.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No. I don't log water at all, why bother? It would be impossible to keep an accurate count. I log coffee only because it does contain calories from the creamer.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    No, who has that kind of time?
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do...and I have several reminders during the day so that I do drink water
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes, water, coffee, beer,...
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I do, only because it reminds me to drink 10 glasses a day. I log to 10 glasses, then I stop 'cause anything more than that is a bonus!!
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do. I make sure I drink half my bodyweight in ounces of water.

I do, as well. I find I feel better if I drink enough water. And I log it, because it's really easy with MFP, and I like seeing the glass overflow on the app. :drinker: