Replies

• Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think how your clothes fit and how you feel is more important than the number on the scale, but that's just me.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I started weight lifting so I'm hoping that will shake it up enough

When you first start weight lifting you cause changes in your body where there is additional storage of glycogen in your muscle leading to a large increase in water retention. It is VERY easy to gain weight from weight lifting due to this water retention. If you haven't gained weight then most likely this is because you have been losing a considerable amount of fat. Give it time, keep up with your routinue and eventually your fat loss will outpace the additional water retention.

4 weeks is not a very long time, easy to see a "plateau" (notice the quotes) from starting weight lifting for that long or longer just due to water retention.

I wouldn't be so focused on the scale.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    would be my question as well.

One weeks worth of deficit can be erased on one day of binging

I should read this statement every day!
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I could push a little hard to eat better. This was what I needed to get my but in motion to watch those calories a little closer. Plus I got a "hey you look skinnier!" So, it's working just got to get my head back in the game more fully.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    would be my question as well.

One weeks worth of deficit can be erased on one day of binging

I should read this statement every day!
    Can also be fixed by one tough day of exercise. Not even joking.