Good suggestions for breakfast

jenntinn715
jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
I'm not an egg fan. But very much a breakfast/carb fan. Anybody have some healthy yet filling suggestions for breakfast that aren't eggs???

Replies

• I HAVE 1 CUP OF OATMEAL (THE REGULAR OLDFASHINED KIND IN THE CONTAINER, NOT THE INSTANT) I CUP OF WATER & 1/2 CUP OF FROZEN BLUEBERRIES. PUT IN A BOW,L & MICROWAVE FOR 3 MINUTES. ADD 1 TSP SUGAR OR EQUAL & MISX. FILLING, FAST, HEALTHY & REALLY WARMING ON THESE COLD MORNINGS
  • ms_april
    ms_april Posts: 21 Member
    I'm a fan of oatmeal. I get the quick oats and its easy to add lots of variety depending on what you add. Splenda and cinnamon, fruit (fresh or frozen) or a couple TBSP of salsa are my favorites.
  • What about a whole grain english muffin with some peanut butter. This morning I had all fiber cereal with a banana cut up in it. So far so good--Im still feeling quite full!
  • I've recently tried the Yoplait Triple Berry smoothie and it's really good. I use light soy milk instead of regular milk and add Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat Crunchy cereal to it to make it more of a meal. It's really thick so you might want to put a bit more milk and use half of the pouch instead of the whole thing. I had a hard time blending it when I used the entire pouch. You can also put whey protein in it. Pretty delicious. :)
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Waffle, peanut butter and banana sandwich :bigsmile:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    I do a few chopped up strawberries, a couple of teaspoons of nuts, and a cup of fiber one vanilla yogurt,

or

Oatmeal with a piece of toast, i do instant cause I have to make it at work but they have some pretty hearty ones from quaker that are good.
  • SLV9
    SLV9 Posts: 15 Member
    I usually eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt and about 2-3 ounces of berries. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, fills you up and is delicious!
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    I love Luna bars for breakfast. I don't have much time to cook or prepare foods in the morning. They are high in vitamins and protein plus they keep me full until lunch.
  • I like oat meal or cream of wheat. There are new bagel thins that are low in calories. have it with fat free cream cheese or natural peanut butter. I don' mind eating more calories in the am because I cal burn them off later.

Here are a few things that I like:
    Low fat yogurt
    Flax-O-Meal
    Cereal
    Cottage Cheese
    Mixed grain breads
    Apples
    Whole wheat English Muffins
    Low Carb muffins
    Cereal bars
    Protein shakes
    Fruit
    Lean Cuisine Breakfast

Hope this helps.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    U need to become a fan of eggs!, its the almost perfect food!...boil them and eat the egg whites

-Healthy cereal
    -oatmeal
    -toast
    -banana
  • jenntinn715
    jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
    awesome suggestions! Thanks everyone!!! :)
  • bagel thins with the neufantchel cheese, cereal or yogurt are my go tos
  • Great post! I've been getting burned out on my breakfast sandwich every morning! :smile:
  • I love cottage cheese with some peaches and a few almonds chopped on top!
  • the mcdonalds oatmeal ir really good. Lots of fruit!
  • I love oatmeal and eat it practically everyday. I recently tried it with peanut butter and it was absolutely fabulous! This is my favorite way to eat oatmeal:

-1/4 cup of instant oatmeal
    - little less than 1/2 cup of water
    - 1 tbsp of peanut butter
    - 1/8 cup of raisins

Sometimes I add a little cinnamon too. You could also try jelly instead of raisins. peanut butter and jelly oatmeal :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    1/3 cup oatmeal(cook with 2/3 cup water)
    1/2 cup fruit
    2 tbsp walnuts
    cinamon, and sweetener to taste
    top off with 2 tbsp fat free whipped cream.

sometimes I'll also add 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, or drink a whey protein shake with it for my protein.
  • Yogurt is amazing :) put jelly or fruit with granola in plain yogurt and its delicious.
  • Love this!

How do you all feel about Special K cereal? Does it help with weight loss?

I LOVE Dave's Killer Bread (22 whole grains, organic, found at Costco) with 1/2 tbs of reduced sugar smucker's strawberry jelly. Soo yummy.
This discussion has been closed.