Whole Milk

Options
I have been making a smoothie with about 8oz of whole milk, a banana and a few strawberries.

I am looking to lose weight, having this snack instead of the poor foods I use to eat.

Is it ok to have whole milk? I don't really like 1/2% milk, almond milk etc...

Today is my day 1 of making sure I log everything into my diary on here.

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Whole milk is fine. I still use it for cooking etc. Never really liked the taste of milk.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals, you prefer the taste, and you don't suffer any ill effects from eating/drinking it, then you're fine. Finding the right diet should be about incorporating the foods you like into your everyday routine.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    if it fits into your daily limits, then it's absolutely ok
  • itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used to dread skim milk, but now I love it. You just gotta get used to it.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I love whole milk, did not affect my weight loss. Very nutritious too.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's fine if it fits within your calories and macros.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The difference between skim milk and whole milk is only about 50 calories per serving. Plus there are really no nutritional benefits to skim milk. Whole milk ftw!
  • shellypaints
    shellypaints Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The difference between skim milk and whole milk is only about 50 calories per serving. Plus there are really no nutritional benefits to skim milk. Whole milk ftw!

Plus whole milk is lower in sugars and carbs than skim milk.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Definitely stick with whole milk.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Skim milk is just "full cream milk" with the fat (cream) removed. What you choose to drink is your choice by preference to give some numbers behind are interesting (at least I find it interesting).

8oz Full cream milk = 703 KJ (Mainly from 9.5g fat; 12.3g carbohydrates (mainly lactose);

8 oz Skim milk is lower calories 450 KJ which comes mainly from the now concentrated lactose which is 15 grams in your serving Fat is <0.15% as it is near impossible to remove all the fat.
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    you're awesome !
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options

you're awesome !

Thanks everyone for the replies. Whole milk it is.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Lower calorie protein is a pretty good benefit.

I like and drink both depending on the circumstances and use.

But definitely agree that whole milk is fine if it fits in your calories, etc.