Countdown to Thanksgiving weightloss challenge. Who's in?

Options
Hi everyone. Well, summer is quickly coming to an end and I have determined that I may have overindulged a little too much..... I gained a little over 10 pounds over the summer and continue to yo-yo between the same 10 pounds up and down. I am making a promise to take the weight off by Thanksgiving and get back into shape. My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds but more importantly become healthier and make better choices. To stay motivated and accountable, I am offering anyone who is interested in joining me on this journey a free invitation. Let's do this together by eating right and exercising daily.

My September goals are to lose > 5 pounds, run a mile a day so 30 miles this month, make healthy food choices and track daily in MFP, even if I go over. Allow myself one cheat meal a week. (not a cheat meal a day..... not a cheat meal weekend), drink more than 8 glasses of water a day and feel stronger and healthier.

What are your goals? Short term and long term? This is a marathon, not a race. the next 3 months are just the beginning! Lets go!!!

Replies

• rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

My overall goal is to lose about 25 lbs, but not necessarily in 3 months. In 3 months I'd like to be down 15 lbs and no longer be considered "overweight" (that would be into the normal BMI for me).

My September goal is at least 5 lbs, more would be better, run a minimum of 50 miles this month plus complete the 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups challenges (on Week 3 now for both), and stay under my weekly calorie allotment. Daily gets a little tough for me because I have a little one (looks like you do too!) and sometimes meals for me get skipped, other days we're out and about eating at restaurants or what have you. I'd also like to make healthy choices at restaurants rather than scarfing down a burger and fries.

WOOHOO! Go us! We can do it!
  • bodysculpted2013
    Options
    I'm in!!! Will you create a group to join? I want lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.
  • MzJae414
    MzJae414 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If there's a group, I'm in. I am currently doing the Halloween challenge, might as well just extend it!
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would like to lose atleast 25lbs by Thanksgiving, I would also like to run at least 50 miles this month and will be excerising daily
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am going on a cruise the week of Thanksgiving and would love to drop at least 20 pounds before we leave. I plan to try to do some sort of workout at least 5 days a week.
  • piecelove062808
    Options
    I'm in. I myself is trying to get back on the band wagon. School has started again for my youngest and I need to get back in gear. I'm willing to make healthy food choices and post daily on MFP even if I may go over. I don't believe I will be able to run but I can do other activities and log them as well. My short term goal for the Thanksgiving marathon would have to be 10lbs. Long term would be a total of 50lbs. I believe my diary is open for viewing and any suggestions/ideas for meals snacks would be greatly appreciated. Lets do this!
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'd love to participate
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Will you make a group, please? (not sure how!) I turn 50 on December 5th and want to celebrate in Kauai. I thought by this age I would not be battling the self image crud. Thanksgiving is a perfect goal.

My goals are to be back in my favorite size 10 jeans on Thanksgiving Day. Don't care how much that is, but I know it will take sticking to the plan and MOVING MORE!

:happy:
  • kkbreda
    kkbreda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take part too. I really need some help r.e. motivation and hoping a group challenge will help!
  • fitmomapn
    fitmomapn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So, It sounds like many of you are requesting a group for this. I can easily create one for this.
  • fitmomapn
    fitmomapn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will add more content to the group later today with ideas on how to stay accountable and how we can all cheer each other on. Please feel free to search the group here and join. Lets make this the "biggest" (goal achieving) and best group ever!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23440-countdown-to-thanksgiving
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm kinda new here and not sure how the group thing works. Do I need to look someplace else for future posts? I'd like to lose about 10 pounds. I like the idea of fitting into an old favorite pair of jeans by Thanksgiving Day!!
  • cmasongreen
    cmasongreen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join also. I have a 2 month old daughter and a son that is due to join us Dec 5th; and I would like to be in good shape and down to 180 by then (25 lbs). I'm trying to train for a 5k that is happening in October so I think that being in your group would help me to get there.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose around 10-15 lb by Thanksgiving. It depends on how I look. (I mostly just want to lose a couple inches from my hips and thighs, everything else is okay. Darn there being no spot-reducing...)
  • AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I would like to lose 10 pounds by thanksgiving:)
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd love to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

My overall goal is to lose 20 pounds, but I'm trying to be realistic...
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group! Thanks for creating it. Just have about 6 pounds to go so weight loss has slowed way down, less than half pound per week. Perfect timing! :laugh:
  • LndaRose
    Options
    Im In!
  • ilgirl733
    ilgirl733 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in