Keep consuming 1300 calories...You'll end up FAT!

Options

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I net 1200 calories (so usually consume around 1700 a day), and as a 5'0'' female with hormonal issues that mean it's possibly more difficult for me to lose weight, I'll stick with the advice of my doctor, who says what I'm doing is fine.
  • sarahjrrr_
    Options
    *cough*bull*****cough, cough*

Hahahahaha. Someone had to say it.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid, how does this factor in? I've tried to find out and because it's medical no one seems to know the answer. I also have mild adrenal fatigue, which has improved through the past year with diet, exercise, and supplementation. Is that a factor too?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    He obviously started this thread just to talk crap since he hasent been back, answer the questions people asked.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Why don't people learn to listen to their bodies instead of what crappy internet articles tell them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    *postin' in a troll thread*
    Just a Physiological fact; Eat less than 1500-2000 calories and the weight loss is GUARANTEED temporary. I read over and over and over again about the weight loss/weight gain yo-yo and that is the main reason why. At that level your body HAS to slow down it's metabolism. Sure you lose weight (look at starvation victims they are skinny too) but it's not healthy or sustainable. Good solid muscle cannot be maintained at the less than 1500 calorie level either. So, once life changes and you eat a few more calories or quit the "Killer Cardio" BAM!!! the weight comes back on. At that point, the prior "starvation" diet dwindled your lean muscle so the next "diet" regime will not be as successful. But, Do what you want. What do I know, I'm only 49 with 10% body fat day in and day out. Cookies in and cookies out. And that's because my metabolism is "cooking" the fat away all the time and I keep my muscle mass because I'm not starving myself. Just a though from frustrated Rick.

Basically, "When you eat more and stop exercising, BAM!!!!, fat." Deep thoughts, good sir.

I sometimes struggle to get to 1200 every day, but I'm feeding myself throughout the day (at least 100 calories every couple hours plus a larger dinner). I'm never hungry. I have plenty of energy to exercise. Surprise! Anecdotal evidence isn't really evidence. Everyone isn't you.

"Cookies in and cookies out"? You poo cookies?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

"Cookies in and cookies out"? You poo cookies?

lmao
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why don't people learn to listen to their bodies instead of what crappy internet articles tell them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Because with they way food has been made in the past 50 years your bodies now tend to lie to you more often than not. Bodies crave sweet things and salty things- which in nature is found in small, not so calorically dense foods. Now in our highly processed world what your body would want is NOT what is good for you and what came in small quantities in nature (salt and sugars) comes is MASSIVE unhealthy quantities in processed foods.

(My body craves those cookies and NOT the Kale. Why the hell should I listen to my body then? I'm going to very well IGNORE IT and eat the kale and avoid the cookies thanks.)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'11" and my BMR is about 1500....I would never lose weight unless I went under that number. You're speaking to way too broad of an audience. I certainly don't fall into this generality that you're making here.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Its posts like this that confuse me. I was eating 2000 or so calories a day, thats how i got fat. how can i expect to lose weight eating that much?

Precisely. Same here.
  • hanna541
    hanna541 Posts: 32
    Options
    if ppl r serious of loosing weight eat 800 tops, all healthy foods cuse u have to remeber portions u can eat that much calories once u loose your weight and go to your goal weight ppl u have to burn more calories then u consume i truely belive in that, iam loosing 5 pounds a week eat a 500 cal 600 cal meal, then including my three snacks wich r pure fruits wich still have calories all together i eat about 800 cal a day. including my morning slim fast shake. lol u can not eat 1,300 cal a day, i see progress cuse i burn out what i eat every day i go to the gym lift weight not much thow cuse dont want to look like a man lol. but runing for an hour i burn 700 to 750 cal and iam loosing 5 pounds a week. i ben on slim fast for 1 week and 5 days lost 7 pounds by the end of my 2nd week will loose 3 more pounds so thats on tue. next week
  • hanna541
    hanna541 Posts: 32
    Options
    and i also belive that how to keep weight off once u get to your goal ppl gym is a life time thing waching what u eat also if u want to be thin and stay thin, yeah of course have a day of fatty foods not every day but shure as hell burn it offf...cant be a slob and eat fat food and not work out dahhh u ganna gaine weight. some ppl on here say well if u loose 5 pounds a week wich iam is unhealthy u ganna gaine that weight back thats bulll **** be a slob and u will. iam loosing weight very healthy i eat healthy foods dont feel hungry all day cuse i snack fruits eat a blanced meal and have a slim fast shake in the morning hope this helps for ppl that want to see real weight loss progress a week not 5 months from now, and also for the ppl that lost the weight but need to know how to keep it offf just cuse u lost the weight dosent mean u can be a slobbb
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'11" and my BMR is about 1500....I would never lose weight unless I went under that number. You're speaking to way too broad of an audience. I certainly don't fall into this generality that you're making here.

I am mistaken....I just used the BMR calculator here on MFP and it said my BMR is only 1137....much less than I had thought. Hmm....I'm confused now.
  • I always thought if I work out and do clean eating that it was known you just eat the cals you want to weigh... if I want to weigh 140 pounds then I should eat the same amount of cals it takes a woman to maintain 140 pounds.its working for me so faar. B.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Three and a half year necro as post #1. Well done.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Thanks for the medical advice, brah. Totally justified. I'll just forget about the fact that my BMR is much lower than yours, and that at your suggested intake, I'd take nearly a month to lose a single pound. Thanks for the advice, seriously, dude.

Edit to add:
    omg hahahaha I did not notice that this thread is so old. If someone can figure out a way for me to send my vitriol back to 2011 please let me know.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Ummm this thread is 3 1/2 years old
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Damn, missed that it was a zombie. Ooops.
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just a Physiological fact; Eat less than 1500-2000 calories and the weight loss is GUARANTEED temporary. I read over and over and over again about the weight loss/weight gain yo-yo and that is the main reason why. At that level your body HAS to slow down it's metabolism. Sure you lose weight (look at starvation victims they are skinny too) but it's not healthy or sustainable. Good solid muscle cannot be maintained at the less than 1500 calorie level either. So, once life changes and you eat a few more calories or quit the "Killer Cardio" BAM!!! the weight comes back on. At that point, the prior "starvation" diet dwindled your lean muscle so the next "diet" regime will not be as successful. But, Do what you want. What do I know, I'm only 49 with 10% body fat day in and day out. Cookies in and cookies out. And that's because my metabolism is "cooking" the fat away all the time and I keep my muscle mass because I'm not starving myself. Just a though from frustrated Rick.

um...nope.