Too thin? 5'4" 112

Options
13»

Replies

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    The OP posted this in June and this was necro'd.

Bah!! Ty for the heads up.

Oh, yikes. I hate when I fall for necro'd threads lol
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    no
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.7 or 163 cm, and I'm around 101 pounds... I'm UNDERWEIGHT and I still think I'm fat because of the love handles and bat-wings. Gotta lift. And remember, our ownself can do the negative talk more than others, so maybe you are thinking way tooo mucha nd being too harsh on yourself. I'm trying to gain weight as well by lifting. goodluck!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    can you see your bones?? if so then yes. I am 5'5" and got down to 122 once and everyone freaked out on me saying I was too skinny. I now look back and I really was. I just didn't see it at the time because I had worked too hard to get there.
  • Becka99x
    Becka99x Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No you're not, don't worry. That's in the health BMI range. I'm 5'8" and weigh less than you.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Is 5'4" female at 112 far too thin? My family is very concerned, but maybe I'm not seeing something clearly? My brother said that I look anorexic, but I didn't feel that thin. My boyfriend thinks I'm a good weight. I'm getting confused and nervous about people thinking that I have an ED.

I realize that the BMI puts me in normal range, but does it look too thin?

Thanks for your insight.

I don't think so. As long as you are healthy and have energy, you're fine.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 4 and although I am 42 now and 126 lbs, when I was in my 20s I was always around 105 to 110 lbs. I remember some people telling me that I was too thin, and others no. If you are eating good and feel good, you have to go by that. Every one will always have their own opinion. My goal weight is 125 because I feel good at that now at my age, but my frame would allow less.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned frame size...this is huge! I'm 5'4", currently weigh 143, and am a size 4. I look sick at less than 125. So for me I would be crazy sickly thin at 114. But your not me your you. Would you say you are large medium or small framed?

This!

I'm 5'4, 136ish. I have been 125ish in the past but I didn't feel good and I was pretty weak. On my frame, 136 looks good and I'm happy to stay here.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is 5'4" female at 112 far too thin? My family is very concerned, but maybe I'm not seeing something clearly? My brother said that I look anorexic, but I didn't feel that thin. My boyfriend thinks I'm a good weight. I'm getting confused and nervous about people thinking that I have an ED.

I realize that the BMI puts me in normal range, but does it look too thin?

Thanks for your insight.
    Depends on frame size.

My daughter's aunt who has a teeny-tiny frame looks healthy and good at 5'4" and 104 pounds. Someone else at that height and weight might look horrible and be very unhealthy.

Without seeing at least a photo of you, I couldn't say if 112 is too low for you. What does your doctor think? Are you starving yourself to be that small or do you eat normally and just happen to be small? Have you always been that small or have you lost a lot of weight?