Time of Month - weight and measurements?

Options
Since Aug 21, I've been exercising more on a daily basis and using MyFitnessPal to track everything I eat or drink. I've been at my 1200 calorie goal, and I've been super close, if not under my fat and sodium goals as well. Those 3 I watch very closely. I've also made sure to drink at least 72oz of water every day, compared to my 8oz daily before Aug 21. I've lost 4 pounds so far, which I'm proud of. However, today is day 1 of that special time of month. I weighed myself this morning and I was up 2 lbs and up 1 inch on my waist. I couldn't believe it. Is this normal? Just keep doing what I'm doing? If it's not normal, suggestions? I don't want to be discouraged, but it's hard not to be. So hopefully someone here can share some wisdom :)

Replies

• Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    Totally normal and it shouldn't discourage you at all. But it does me, too, so I just avoid the scale like the plague. Many women find themselves hungrier this TOM, too. Don't let it get you down.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.

I keep weighing and logging my weight, but I chart my weight together with my TOM in excel so I can see what's normal for me. It avoids freak-outs.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    completely normal! I have an app for tracking my cycle so that when I see "unexplained" gains like that I can look to see where I am - most of the time a gain like that will be explained by ovulation or my period being due within a day or two. Your weight and waist should go back down pretty quickly once your period is over or almost over.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Yupp, during TOM n ovulation my weight goes up, as does my waist measurement...it will go down shortly after so no need to worry as long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing
  • angelamarie81
    angelamarie81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! I feel a million times better. I'll keep on keepin on!
    Oh! And congrats on all the lb's lost!!! Love the trackers!!
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.

I keep weighing and logging my weight, but I chart my weight together with my TOM in excel so I can see what's normal for me. It avoids freak-outs.
    you have an excel chart? Is there a way you could maybe show me the template you use? I am trying to get something more visual to help me...
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    today is day 1 of that special time of month. I weighed myself this morning and I was up 2 lbs and up 1 inch on my waist. I couldn't believe it. Is this normal?
    Yep, normal.
    I was so pee'd off when it first happened to me. But i now make sure never to weigh myself around that time.
    In fact, i wait about a week after!
  • everrinder
    Options
    I actually avoid weighing myself during that time because I know that I get bloated and seem to fluctuate more than normal. Totally normal! :)