Stomach Ulcer?

Options
Not entirely sure where I should be posting this, but if someone suggests i move it, i will.

For quit some time I've been having issues with my stomach, feeling nauseous or in pain, during the day and at night, to the point where I've been waking up because its bothering me so much, usually every night.

I noticed it getting worse and worse when I would drink coffee without tons of food in me (and i mean tons, cause I always would eat something before drinking it anyway) and the only thing I feel like i can do to calm it down is to over eat, which obviously isnt the way to go about it, and even then i would feel the pain a couple hours later again.

Is this a legitimate concern? Am I on the right path for assuming this?

Replies

• super_b_star
    super_b_star Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Exact same thing happened to me. I had to eat about every 1 1/2 hours or I would start shaking and get so nauseous and get a pain in my upper belly. I went to my doctor she said it could be an ulcer or stomach erosion. Because of my age (32) she put me on dexilant twice a day. It took about 2 weeks but then the nausea and pain went away. I stayed on it for about 2 years and finally weened myself off. It literally saved my life. I was miserable. It felt like I had a stomach flu everyday! I am now trying to loose the weight that I gained because of the eating every hour. I still cant have coffee or I need to eat alot about an hour after. But I can now go 2 or 3 hours without the nausea. If the dexilant didnt help the dr would have ordered a scoping of my stomach so maybe you should see a dr.
  • super_b_star
    super_b_star Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Exact same thing happened to me. I had to eat about every 1 1/2 hours or I would start shaking and get so nauseous and get a pain in my upper belly. I went to my doctor she said it could be an ulcer or stomach erosion. Because of my age (32) she put me on dexilant twice a day. It took about 2 weeks but then the nausea and pain went away. I stayed on it for about 2 years and finally weened myself off. It literally saved my life. I was miserable. It felt like I had a stomach flu everyday! I am now trying to loose the weight that I gained because of the eating every hour. I still cant have coffee or I need to eat alot about an hour after. But I can now go 2 or 3 hours without the nausea. If the dexilant didnt help the dr would have ordered a scoping of my stomach so maybe you should see a dr.

Thank you! this is what I'm going through! I'm 24 and I have an appointment for tomorrow :)