lifting and muscle

Hello

I want to start lifting to up my metabolism. But I, personally, do not want to look muscular. At all. I like the thin almost boney look. Please don't judge. It is just the look I like. I don't want to be under weight, just thin.

Question. What type of lifting do I do? Just very light or less often?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Trolololololol
  • I am not sure what you are trying to say. I assume you are calling me a troll and laughing at me at the same time.

I would prefer responses from people who want to help.

Thanks.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Lift heavy and lift often! If possible 2/3 even 4 times a day! This way your body can achieve its final form and you can lose a ton of weight! It worked for me! I had to regress because I couldn't handle my final form...Almost like using a cheat code to get a higher lvl pokemon, and not being able to control it!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Lift heavy, lift often. You are a girl. You won't get bulky. Look up "chelsea lifts." She lifts really quite heavy, her wilks score is probably higher than mine. She doesn't look big, but she still kicks *kitten*. Women don't really get bulky unless they are on PEDs. If you think you look bulky, chances are you got some serious body dysmorphia.
  • Thanks for the reply. She looks good!

I want a little less muscle definition. I was thinking more like jennifer Aniston.

http://jenaniston.net/photos/displayimage.php?album=172&pid=10903#top_display_media

I am a lifting newbie. I don't understand the difference in their results. I assume they both lift. Is it the frequency? Or the amount of weight?

I know this is a really novice question.

Thanks for the help.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Chelsea lifts has been powerlifting for YEARS, the muscle she built won't happen overnight for you. Go, lift, see good results. Jennifer Aniston doesn't lift. See, the problem is that Hollywood tells women that muscle is gross and they force women to be skinny rather than strong. And if they pick up any sort of weight, you will instantly become a giant. That just doesn't happen. Hollywood trainiers say any weight you pick up over 5 pounds will make you bulky. I say, look at CL, look up rebeccasaurus flex, look up any natural female powerlifter. What they all have in common is that none of them look manly, and they have all been training for years. So start lifting heavy. Be Zena Warrior Princess, not Princess Peach.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    muscle definition comes from low body fat- if you think you look too muscular- just eat more.

It takes a lot of time and effort to get cut looking.
    So start lifting heavy. Be Zena Warrior Princess, not Princess Peach
    I love this.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Most women who have "more" muscle mass with a master metabolism do not have that very thin/boney look you are after. You can't have the benefit of the faster metabolism that comes with having more muscle mass without actually HAVING more muscle mass.

Yes, the definition comes with lowering of body fat, but if you are after a very thin/boney look....any amount of muscle you have will show. If that's not your thing, then don't lift weights. But....If you would like a faster metabolism, stronger/healthier/better bone density and more overall strength, lift those weights and forget trying to look boney.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    This can't be life?
  • Thanks for the replies.

I think I will start looking at pictures of more fitness models. I want to have a goal body look instead of a goal weight. I think that might be a healthier mind set for me. I would like the benefits of some added muscle, too. I am still not sure how to accomplish this as I have only thought in terms of weight loss / scale numbers before.
  • @mrbiggieswort

Thanks. I was getting a little worried that I don't "fit in" here. But some of the other forums I tried seem too pro weight loss, almost ed. (Which I battled with a decade ago). I do want to find that healthy medium. It is a good idea to find people who I think look good and try to find what they do.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    @mrbiggieswort

Thanks. I was getting a little worried that I don't "fit in" here. But some of the other forums I tried seem too pro weight loss, almost ed. (Which I battled with a decade ago). I do want to find that healthy medium. It is a good idea to find people who I think look good and try to find what they do.

perhaps focus on some tangible fitness goals rather than a look? That might be safer than focusing "on a look" which is a dangerous trap and highly subjective - which means a lot of people who get focused on "a look" get trapped thinking in their minds eye their look isn't THE look and if they could just do X more- then they will get there.

If you want to work out and be healthy- focus on workout goals like running a 5K- or starting weight training and learning how to lift. Stuff like that- not only that it gives you focus- and when you accomplish your goal- your new found success will breed more motivation to continue on tangible goals.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Everyone has a different idea of what aesthetic they find attractive so no judgment here. If your gym offers it try something like a Bodypump class, high reps, low weights, more cardio in my opinion. I have people ask me for advice at the gym and it usually starts off with, I don't want to get big and bulky but what can I do... Some even say, I don't want to look like you but.... I'm not offended. To each their own.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Everyone has a different idea of what aesthetic they find attractive so no judgment here. If your gym offers it try something like a Bodypump class, high reps, low weights, more cardio in my opinion. I have people ask me for advice at the gym and it usually starts off with, I don't want to get big and bulky but what can I do... Some even say, I don't want to look like you but.... I'm not offended. To each their own.

I'd love to look like you!
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    thanks for the chelsea lifts.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Just use the Tracy Anderson method. She's an idiot who thinks women shouldn't lift over 3 pounds or the will "get bulky". Seriously, this is what our looking for. Oh, only follow her diet if you want osteopenia, like her famous clientele.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Why so salty?
    Why don't you google Jennifer Anniston's workout routine and diet. These people on this site are in love with muscular women and heavy lifting and they cannot believe that there is any other way to look good. So be prepared to hear the heavy lifting thing over and over again. They should just post that at the top of the forum so nobody ever asks a question about it again.