"Friend" for the long haul

Options
I am a married 35yr old woman with 3 kids. I've got about 80 (yikes, did I really say that) lbs to lose. I would like a small number of "friends" that are in this for the long haul - the good days and the bad days. Interested??????

Seriously - only those that are going to do this (all the way) and want support.

Bring It On!!!

Replies

• Latoya29
    Latoya29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: hey..... I completely understand. Im needed to lose 110 pounds. Lost 6 so far....
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 180 days :) I'm 38 and have a couple of boys. Would love to be 'friends' )
  • montanna9
    Options
    Hi I am with you on this. I am a 34yr old Mom of 3. I was at my heaviest 325 and am now at 204. I have another 50lns to go for the last coupleof years which is hard to get off. But my husband said If I loose the 50lbs he will quit smoking so here I go. Would love to support and encourage you. I know I definately need it. This site is helping tremendously with not giving up.

Your supporter
    Cheryl
  • joygwen
    joygwen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I have well over 100lbs to loose so I'm definitely in it for the long haul. I'm a 32 yo single mom to 4 kids and I just finished nursing school so I'm taking time to focus on me somewhat. I've been doing pretty good on exercise, still need to work on my diet but that's coming along too. The biggest change is I'm making better choices. I had a Princess Bride party for a friend of mine this weekend. Sat night we had snacks (crackers and cheese and sweets) and tasted wines and Sunday we went and sampled cakes and stuff for the wedding! I thought for sure I was blowing it but I ate a little of everything, kept track of it and logged it and while I went over, I know if I'd done this a year ago (or heck even a couple months ago) I'd have done way worse.

I think the key, when you feel you have an insurmountable amount of weight to lose is taking small steps that lead to big changes and having mini goals. (And un-scale related goals!) Mine is to fit into a certain dress I'd like to wear to 2 weddings I have in June and I have another I'd like to reach by my birthday (the end of summer).

Anyway, good luck! I'm all for having more support on here, I've got a couple friends that have added me from here and then a few that I know in real life and we're all doing different things but we're all doing it together.
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I would love to be "friends"! I'm new here, too, and looking for super-motivated people to keep in contact with :flowerforyou:

I have 120lbs to lose :noway: and I need as much support as I can get.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Let's do it. I'm in the same boat..24..2 babies (3 if you count my husband..lol) I'm in it to win it...My friend request is on the way!
  • Twila66
    Options
    Hi, I will be happy to be your friend for "the long haul". My beginning goal is to lose 50. That will put me about half way to where I need to be. I have two grown sons. I miss the days when they were small. :smile:
  • ChristinaKY
    ChristinaKY Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am new here too and I have at least 50lbs to lose. I also have 3 young children. I would love to have you as a "friend" for the long haul, especially since I don't have that kind of support in my real life.
  • rpalacio
    rpalacio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!!! I'm seriously in it this time....need to shed 15lbs by April 25!!!
    Woohoo!!! :happy: