How do I make my smoothies more filling?

Options
2»

Replies

• icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I make one with a little full fat yoghurt, frozen berries, banana, hemp, chia, flax, walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, a little coconut oil, and sometimes a little peanut butter. Top it up with water, and blend. Delicious and filling, and full of good fats.

I usually make it up to hit about 600/ 700 calories, but with 50ml yoghurt, 1 handful berries, 1/2 banana, 1.5 tbsps of seeds, 2.5 tbsps of nuts, and 1 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of peanut butter, you should be at around 450 calories, if that's not too much.

Oh, and it would be remiss of me not to say I pretty much stole the above from Dr Mark Hyman, with quite slight modifications.

I usually mix up the above when I'm caught for time and need the nutrition fast. For breakfast I usually just have many of the above, just in a slightly different form of mixing some full fat yoghurt, berries, nuts and seeds together and eating :)
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    One of my favourties (very tasty and filling) is 45g frozen banana, 20-30g rolled oats, 50g mixed frozen berries, 150g yogurt of your choice (I like strawberry or mixed berry), 30g protein powder, & 1 cup of water or skim milk. Its around 300-400 cal.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Add a banana. It works for me.
  • africanmasq
    Options
    Add a banana. It works for me.

This. Also, I usually drink green smoothies for breakfast (spinach, pineapple, papaya or mango, and a banana) but I almost always have some almonds or an egg as well. Protein will help a lot.
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump. Tryna step up my smoothie game.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Every morning i have a smoothie and i put the following in:
    half scoop of shakeology
    1 frozen banana
    1 tsp of java instant mix
    1/4 cup of quick oats
    1 1/2 cup of almond milk
    and 4 ice cubes

it fills up a regular booster juize size (16oz aprox)
    and it keeps me full till lunch time
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I make a banana blueberry smoothie without yogurt, but put in almond milk and vanilla whey protein from GNC and it tastes awesome, is filling, and gives sustained energy.