Ideas about Diet and Exercise

Options
124»

Replies

• Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a little of both, probably lean more toward A. I walk and do small amount of strength training. We raise our own pork and beef (grain and grass fed! yum!!) so meat is a big part of our diet even though chicken and fish also play a big part. One meatless meal a week. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whether from above or below ground, but I don't eat many potatoes unless they are fresh from the garden, but even then only once in a while. Moderation and Calories in /calories out is what it is all about.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    C - None of the above

ETA: Not that I don't agree with parts of both options - but taken as a whole neither option is particularly attractive.

Luckily life isn't governed by false dichotomies.

This is me as well. I probably lean toward A though, if I was forced to choose.
  • skaffle
    skaffle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Neither.
    I track my calories, eat (mostly) unprocessed food, and split lifting/cardio days @ 4/2 for a total of 6days working out every week.
    Both the cardio and lifitng sessions are typicaly longer than 30 minutes, but no more than 90. Most lifts are compound, but some isolation work is done. I certainly do not specifically avoid isolation movements as if they're harmful. Iso simply isn't as efficient for my current goals.

As far as the two choices provided are concerned, Option "B" is borderline incoherent. Nevermind the suggestion to reduce intake of nutrient dense foods (beans) which already had me scratching my head... How can anyone do lots of low level exercise such as walking, sprinting and playing sports, but avoid cardio?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Neither
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    sorry i still dont understand what your aversion to corn and soy and i forget the last thing you mentioned, could you clarify a bit more?
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Only this part.

"Eat less. Exercise more. Keep track of your calories. Weigh your food."

+ hit my macros