Lift my Booty..help please

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    how often o you ladies work your glutes? combine with leg day or give it a day of its own? I usually do a day for shoulders/chest, bicep/tricep, and a whole day dedicated to legs. usually incorporate cardio with it all and sometimes take a "rest" day just for cardio. do you give glutes their own day?

I do glutes with my legs, twice a week.

Me too
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    how often o you ladies work your glutes? combine with leg day or give it a day of its own? I usually do a day for shoulders/chest, bicep/tricep, and a whole day dedicated to legs. usually incorporate cardio with it all and sometimes take a "rest" day just for cardio. do you give glutes their own day?

I do glutes with my legs, twice a week.

Me too
    me three
  • wfrazjr
    wfrazjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Do DEEP SQUATS & lunges. I recommend wear some flat shoes such as Converse All-Stars (My favorite for leg day) because they allow the ankles to more more free than shoes with heels such as running shoes and have a great gripping sole.. You might have to go light to get the feel for it first. You can try bare feet with a bar and move up in weight from there.

Get that round mound and keep it.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Okay - just hit the gym on my lunch break. I did 60 deep squats with a wide stance and 30 lb barbell..almost more like plies? A bunch of lunges with the 30 lbs barbell and for the first time did cable kickbacks.... will try to rest of the suggestions after work!!
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fit barre really helped me. Lots of classes free on youtube or fitness blender if not at your local gym.
  • allanakern
    Options
    its crazy cus its like my *kitten* has become a lot rounder..... just not lifted. ugh
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    give sumo deadlifts a try, they've worked the *kitten* like no other exercise. Squats and lunges will also help of course.
  • allanakern
    Options
    seems like I feel lunges so much more in just my legs but I will continue to do them!
  • danielcollins76
    Options
    Squat lower but don't sit on your ankles, or try holding longer at parallel, you can feel it tighten.

I started using squats a month ago and noticed changes already. Seated leg press is good but need some decent weight on it.

Flat shoes is a good bit of advice, you should be pushing off flat not on your toes or you will strain your back if unbalanced.

Get your self playing squash, high calorie burner and if you play hard your legs and backside will be sore the next day!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    squats, deadlifts. You should see my *kitten* now.

I don't have to buy my own drinks when I put on a certain pair of jeans
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    seems like I feel lunges so much more in just my legs but I will continue to do them!

Make sure you're pushing through your heel and not off the ball of your foot.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Take wider steps. Placing more weight in your heels.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my butt has gotten a lot higher and rounder from squats, deadlifts and box jumps, KB swings with as heavy a KB as my gym has (which is just 45 pounds :cry: ) . like someone said, you have to make sure you are getting deep enough in the squat (as well as the box jumps) to make sure you are activating the glutes.

i dont do hip thrusts yet but some of you are making me think maybe i shouldnt if those are even better booty shapers. i mean i want to leave some *kitten* in the universe for the rest of you to have :wink:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    i dont do hip thrusts yet but some of you are making me think maybe i shouldnt if those are even better booty shapers. i mean i want to leave some *kitten* in the universe for the rest of you to have :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • allanakern
    Options
    my *kitten* hurt sooo bad the next day after doing all this! love it!! I've heard my whole life I have a nice *kitten*.. but that's honestly like in jeans and yoga pants... I put on a swimsuit and I feel like it looks soo much different.. I had my husband take a progress picture and I was like embarrassed how different it looks!

but well on my way to a higher *kitten* !
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I was in the gym yesterday and saw this *kitten* that I just wanted to wear like a hat, it was amazing.

She was doing ATG squats with 140#, then these goofy little heel lifts holding a 45# plate in each hand. Then a bunch of time on a hamstring curl machine.

I was doing my bench workout, and was lucky enough to be able to watch her workout.

Oh she did this goofball thing on the cable machine, strapped on the ankle strap, put the pin to 50# and did these funky kickbacks for about 10 minutes straight. That was exhausting to see, I know I couldn't do that.