How long is your commute to work?

Options
12346»

Replies

• JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 1 hr to 1.5 hrs depends on traffic. I take a bus to the subway station and then the train. It's a pain in the butt, but it's the easiest way to get into DC.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    4 kms, roughly a 40 min walk at a normal pace.

It's actually not much faster using public transportation. I'm over in NY one day a week and it's faster to get there using public transport.

Such is life when you're too cheap to get an apartment near work.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Anywhere between 1 hr to 1.5 hrs depends on traffic. I take a bus to the subway station and then the train. It's a pain in the butt, but it's the easiest way to get into DC.

Another DC commuter here. I never know where my actual work site will be, so I tend to drive versus take the metro. When I take the metro its nearly 2 hours. When I drive its anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Another DC commuter here. I never know where my actual work site will be, so I tend to drive versus take the metro. When I take the metro its nearly 2 hours. When I drive its anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.

I would cry.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    90 minutes one way.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Used to be 20 - 30 min, depending on traffic or road construction.

Now <10min
    Usually 8 min
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    30 mins one way
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Until September 20th it's about 3 minutes to drive, 4 minutes if I hit the light and 15 minutes to walk (but I don't). I moved here to regain the minimum two hours a day I spent on the road for the seven years prior.

After the 20th, it'll be about 10 minutes in the morning and anywhere from 20 to 30 on the way home. My only return routes put me smack dab into waiting-to-get-onto-the-bridge traffic during rush hour, but it's worth it to be living in my new gorgeous home! :)

Edited for clarity
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    :happy: 45 minutes each way! I don't mind unless I hit traffic. It's my time to have car dance parties
  • activeinmysixties
    Options
    too long to bike. Plus, I cover two sites - can't bike between them.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ok, so when I first started at East Carolina University, my commute was 5 minutes, MAX! Then, we moved and my commute became 1 hour and 25 minutes (each way, which was EXHAUSTING). I have since left that position, and my new position is only 35-45 minutes away from my house (depending on the time of year, and traffic). I think 20 minutes would be an optimal commute.
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's just over an hour. I live in London, everything takes an hour to get to.

I work from home most of the time now, but I spent years doing it every single day...