Let's Brag...About Our Pets!

Options

Replies

• Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Freckles is the baby of the house. She's super smart and loves to snuggle. She's a 3yr old Jack Russell.....=0)
  • traci0620
    traci0620 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats. Genie, 7 years old, big fat black cat
    Mittens, 4 years old, tuxedo cat who loves to go outside and hunt.
    Bandit, 8 months, playful and loving, loves my kids.

Love my furry babies!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    At present:

Scaredy, an 11 year old cat (he has his name because he is literally afraid of his own shadow). I've had him since he was a kitten.

Moey, a 9 year old Jack Russell terrier/Lurcher cross. I have him two years. He is a dog that I got from the DSPCA. he was found wandering the streets and in a terrible state. We don't know for definite his history but he may have been ill-treated before he was found wandering the streets because at first he was very nervous and would start shivering at the least little loud noise.

I don't count the two race horse that I co-own as pets....they have to work for a living. :laugh:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old 3.5 lb Maltese that runs my house! Her name is Chyna Doll and she has no idea she is a pet. She doesn't like other dogs to bother her. She will bark at them and then turn around with her bottom stuck up in the air and trot off. I swear she is such a little snob! She will yap at you until your acknowledge her presence. Then she will get on your lap and open her legs for a belly rub. I tell her a lady doesn't open her legs for just anybody, but she never listens :bigsmile:
  • KnightOwl
    Options
    I'm a crazy cat lady. :embarassed:

ME TOO!

Right now I only have one kitten though. His name is Oliver and he is my baby. He's a silver tiger with a huge personality. I think he thinks he is a dog... he love bouncy balls and plays fetch. Cutest thing I've ever had one of my cats do: he drops his bouncy balls down the stairs, runs after it, brings it back to the top and drops it again. Oh and he thinks he owns my bed and is adamant about sleeping under the covers. As you can tell...I absolutely adore him :heart:
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Two babies.... Olive who is a German Shepherd x Kelpie x Staffie (yes she is INCREDIBLY busy and intense, but also beautiful and loving and insists on sitting in your lap... in my profile pic as a pup) and Murphy who is a Great Dane x Labrador, and just wants biiiiiig cuddles all the time!! He is the same size of me if you stand him up, so I well and truly get tackled quite regularly

I used to have a purebreed Scotch Collie who was the most amazing dog I've ever met. Was big on cuddles but would stand between you and anyone coming into the yard or was perceived as a threat. He once bailed up two police officers coming into the yard and refused to let them move from the gate... He looked hilarious when we had to shave him for summer haha... bless.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a PUGGLE! His name is Crash. This breed is a designer dog because they are specifically made b/c they are cute and have only the good personality points of the pug and beagle genetically. He is the best dog I have owned.
  • sunshinesukie
    sunshinesukie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs (or kids!) and they are actually from the same litter. They are 10 years old and we love them to bits.

Jack Daniels is the black scruffy looking one and he is a real sweetie. He just loves to give and get cuddles. He has to have a Mummy Cuddle at least once a day or he fires up one of his 'I'm so sad cos Mummy doesn't love me' faces - and that is a killer! He had a stroke this time last year but, touch wood, he seems ok.

Jim Beam is the blonde one and wow, is he blonde! He's a real ditz and totally neurotic - shivers and shakes at everything. Loves to poke everything with his nose .. just to see, you understand.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have 2 darling kittens that we adopted at the same time. My boy is Bunny and our girl is Booker. Bunny just had surgery on Thursday to remove some foreign objects that he had eaten :frown: . He is home now and his once lovable Booker has now turned sour. She is growling at him and being very aggresive. I need her to give him love so he can recover. My poor little guy. I adore these cats.

Oh, I also have a Shiba Inu/Cattle dog mutt. I love him but he's a pain in my butt. :tongue:
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    My horse Jezabell is 9 years old and a total pain in my toosh!!! :laugh: She hates my chocolate lab Megan, who just wants to play with her! Its kind of funny tho, because Megan will run into Jezi's stall, get down on her front legs, (back legs still up so she can get away fast!) and wait for Jezi to see her and chase her out. The scary part is that Megan is playing, Jezi is not! :laugh:
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Arthur, my (nearly) 2 year old Golden Retriever - the best bloomin' running partner I've ever had and the only one who'll run 10k and still be grinning from ear to ear! I love my pooch and he loves me, fat or thin although preferably with my trainers on!
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have five chickens which i wish i did not have. Two hound dogs. Three pigs-bacon, hamburger, and stew, three little dogs- Danny, maggie, lucy, two kittens- Ferbie, mittens, one fish that is about to die, two goldfish that are living.
  • newuser111
    Options
    :love: :heart: :love:
    Garfield .. my sweet, clumsy 16 month old male leo. And Baby Fe the adorable baby female red ear slider.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have a mix lab Chewy almost 11 and he woke me up when my neighbors house went on fire giving me time to get my family out long before the fire dept showed up! I luv my doggie :heart:
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    <
    Cutest wiener dog EVER...Badger. Also very snotty Swamp Donkey...Brio. (actually a very loved quarterhorse)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have a purebred longhair chihuahua, Madyson, who's one of my best friends :heart:

A cat, Tigger who's 14 now and still in prime condition! (car-accident survivor!)

Two lizards - a golden gecko & a skink.

And a 3-legged fluffy hamster, Harry :smile:
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have an absolutely adored 6 month old blue whippet called Smudge who is in surgery today being neutered.
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm getting a kitten on Monday - I've always loved cats but my ex husband hated them, so we never had one...but the time is right now..and I can't wait to bring her home!!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am a total animal sucker, but I have managed to pare down the number in my house lately.

3 Cats
    -Dax- a 7 year old brown/grey long haired tabby that I am sure has maine coon in him. he's got the extra toes and ear fluff you see in a lot of maine coons. a big suck who firmly believes a hand not petting him is being lazy and should immediately start petting him.
    -Hooper- a 6 year old black and white medium haired cat who was slated for death because a vet said the medical problem he had could never be fixed and he would lead a miserable life. well, that was 5 and a half years ago. i am sure he is totally miserable being the king of the house and living in the lap of cat luxury...uh huh..lol.
    -GM (Got Milk, he has the cutest little white mustache just like the Got Milk ads)- approx 5 year old tuxedo. he came from a friend of my brother's, who i live with, and was supposed to be his cat, but the cat he already had just would not accept him. 3 years later, and that cat will still go after GM any time he sees him. GM is a little skittish, but loves to cuddle.

1 Dog
    -Kula- the newest addition, a 7 month old collie mutt. got her from a rescue org. who had saved her from a kill shelter where she had been slated to be put down. she is such a sweetie, and such a looker. she has the collie face and markings going for her, but her body shape, and the fact that she is actually blonde shows that there is some other breed in there. i just sent away a DNA test for her actually, so in a week or 2 i might know what that other breed is. i am more of a cat person, but my cats don't walk on leashes very well, despite having used them since they were kittens, so i gave in and got a dog. i hate hate HATE going for walks, but it's hard to say no to a cute puppy face asking for a walk. that is one of the main reasons i got her, and so far i have walked more in the past few months than i have in years.

and to top it off, i have a 55gl fish tank with a mix of community freshwater fish.

i also love rodents, any kind, and used to have many, i think at my 'animal height' i had about 6 cages of rodents...maybe more...lol. it did not help that i used to work in a pet store.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a kitten on Monday - I've always loved cats but my ex husband hated them, so we never had one...but the time is right now..and I can't wait to bring her home!!

nice! after i split with my first boyfriend, who was allergic to cats and did not like them, i made a vow, any guy in my life had to like cats. my pets are my kids, and you don't choose a man over your kids right? lol. my current boyfriend is not a cat lover, he prefers dogs, but he likes mine, and they sure like him. so i think i will keep him :)