Looking for Pregnant Friends!

Options
Hello!!!!!!!!!

I just found out that I am pregnant -- I'll be going in to the doctor in about 1-2 weeks for my first ultrasound -- but I am thinking I'm about 7 weeks right now. My periods weren't exactly regular, so my doctor wants to do the scan to determine how far along I actually am, but based on my last period I am around the 6-7 week range.

Anyways, this will be my first baby, and I am about 60 pounds overweight right now. I don't really want to gain any weight if at all possible, but I am going to do what's healthiest for my baby and eat a very nutritious diet and also plan on doing lots of walking and maybe even some prenatal home workouts... i wasn't really consistently physically active before now so I don't want to go crazy, but I def want to workout as I plan on having a natural childbirth and want to be in the best shape I can be in when the delivery comes around.

I just wanted to see if there were any other pregnant ladies (at any stage of pregnancy) that would like to be friends?! :bigsmile:

I thought it would be fun to be able to share experiences and advice!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• FemWeight
    Options
    I am not pregnant . However, I wish you the best of luck through your transitions and your trimesters! Good Luck girl, sending you and your bundle or bundles of joy the best!
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Im rxcited for you. Ill be so excited I'm sure once I have my first. I'm not pregnant (and definitely not looking to be!) But I am rooting for you!
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm about 7 weeks pregnant now and I'm exhausted/nauseous all the time so I don't think I worked out at all for the past 3 weeks... Ugh... All I want to do it sleep and rest! Hopefully it'll be easier when the first trimester is over.

There is a group names Fit, Fabulous & Pregnant! if you're interested :)
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm 25 weeks here...feel free to add :-)
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant now but I thought I'd offer some encouragement. I was about 80 lbs overweight when I became pregnant with my son and I gained about 30 lbs during the pregnancy. I lost all plus 10 lbs by the time he was 18 mos old without trying. Just by breastfeeding basically. I also was able to have a natural delivery even though I wasn't in any way "in shape" so don't fret if you gain some weight and don't get fit while pregnant, ok! You can have a healthy pregnancy even starting out overweight. My son is 3 now and I weigh 90 lbs less than when I got pregnant with him. Good luck with everything and congratulations! ????
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • remlaw06
    Options
    Hi! I just found out I am pregnant and am about 30 pounds overweight. I am looking to gain, but want to focus on doing it the most healthy way. Would love to be friends and share notes!
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats new mamas! I am 20w3d with my first and started off about 20-30 pounds overweight and have currently gained about 6-7 pounds. I'd love to be friends with other pregnant women! It's been a crazy ride so far!
  • judcost
    judcost Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I started MFP after my first pregnancy in august 2012 at about 191lbs, i had only gained 10lbs. I was already overweight at a little over 180lbs for a 5'5" body frame. I used MFP and started to run, i was at my lowest around 165lbs and would go up to 170, that until about april 2014, then I couldn't control my weight and couldn't run regularly because I was going through IVF procedure, now I am 14 weeks pregnant and at 193lbs. I'm scared of what the rest of my pregnancy will look like if I continue down that path. I try to walk regularly but motivation is down. I think joining you girls will help me, MFP has been the best method for me to lose weight to date. Feel free to add me. Concerning my pregnancy i'm just a little more tired and I have that annoying metal taste in my mouth, other than that I can't really complain.
  • moniquelondono
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25wks pregnant. Please feel free to add and share notes.
  • kristiellyn13
    Options
    Hi! Just found out I am pregnant... about 5 weeks. Feel free to add. Congrats!! :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Just had my first OB appointment yesterday, I'm an estimated 11 weeks along.
  • dizzydoolally
    Options
    Glad to find this topic! I'm 8 weeks along.
  • irisbuen
    irisbuen Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Was looking around for some pregnant friends too! I'm 33 weeks but OB told me to diet (only gain 1 lb a week so as not to have a hard time popping the baby out!) Feel free to add me! Would love some preggy buddies :) If you have Twitter let me know! (@iriszio) see you!
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a 35 yo first time mom at 23w4d. I have gained ~30 lbs so far (I was overweight pre-pregnancy) and am back on MFP trying to slow down the gain. Would love the support. Feel free to send me an add, or I would be willing to join a Facebook group as well, if someone is interested in starting one!