Options

Replies

• minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump for later ...so inspiring
  • Akinom523
    Options
    Just the inspiration I needed, thank you all so much!

Mon
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Loved this. I posted my "midway" success here today: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1426714-halfway-and-prediabetes-results
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • healthynic13
    healthynic13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to tell your story. I'm nearly 52, have struggled with my weight all my life - never been a really big person but definitely tipped up into obese a few times. With MFP I have lost 12 kilos over the last year and my BMI is now in the green, but I would like to drop another 5 kilos if I can. I am at the limit of cardio, doing up to 10 hours a week (much of it cycling to and from work). You have made me think seriously about building in some structured strength training. And you have reminded me that, at the end of the day, it's the calories that count, Damn them.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an impressive success story! It gives me hope that I can get to that level of lean muscle mass. More lifting to convert that plateau into a recomp!
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMG so amazing! So inspiring, thanks for sharing!! ::flowerforyou:
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is all.
  • amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiring post for women of any generation. All the principles that you shared can be used by anyone. Thank you so much for sharing! You've done a great job and you look amazing.
  • lauriellw
    lauriellw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That was JUST what I needed today... I recently had foot surgery so have done nothing in the way of exercise for four months. You mademe realize there is no reason I couldn't pull dumbbells out and get motivated. You look beautiful.
    :flowerforyou:
  • lauraschulkind600
    Options
    I've been up and down the scale most of my life, and now at 57, I'm working to make this my last weight loss. After this, I WILL maintain! It's going really slowly, but I am sticking with it because I want to feel healthy again. I've lost 13 pounds since mid-July. I have 27 pounds to go.
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal woman.....thank you so much for sharing that inspirational story. At first I too was blaming it on menopause, but that's just an excuse. I know I can do it! You look amazing....you are indeed my inspiration!!!!!!
  • CynCyndi
    Options
    Wow that's so impressive .
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thank you. My mind set was changing (for the good), and you've just given it the final push :-)
  • ljglivingfree
    ljglivingfree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Holy hotness!! You look amazing! Thank you for showing me that it's possible, even if you're over 45!!
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Saving for later !..........you look GREAT!!, I have started lifting , i'm 50, 5ft 1, lost 10lbs so far, 10 more to go, but i would love to look like you do !!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING! I am 55, lost just starting back and trying to get motivated. I used to work out with a personal trainer and was in pretty good shape then stopped and gained weight, now I am 40 lbs more than I want to be. Just got on my treadmill for the first time on monday was going to add weights when I got into a routine, but think I probably should just go with the weights rather than the treadmill after looking at your pictures and reading your story. When I was 43 I had a bone density scan and was told I had bones of a 20 year old, so hoping the past 12 years they havent deteriorated too much. Thanks for writing the post its very inspirational for us older women, people are always saying its your age so you cant lose weight, you are the proof that we can! :smile:
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Truly inspirational!
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I found this thread after searching for 40 something success stories. It is pretty outdated and I'm hoping that most of these success stories are still a success :smile: Need these for inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!