Lots of guys DO NOT like super skinny girls...

Options

Replies

• lizzybathory
    Options
    Please, tell me what my body should look like so I can attract a man, finally. PLEASE, I HAVE TO KNOW.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    It's not about getting the man. It's about being the woman.

Ever notice how in older Disney movies, the princes barely even have any lines? In theory, we want our Prince Charmings, but mostly it's just about being the princess. (Figuratively speaking; I mostly don't buy into the princess *kitten*.)

The point is, it's really not about getting a man. That might be part of it, for some women, but don't assume it's the main motivation in getting our bodies the way we want them.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So how did women get this mindset of wanting to be super skinny??

And lots of girls aren't doing this for guys' attentions anyway
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I don't make my decisions based on what "lots of guys" like.

Why are the Body Image Police out this afternoon, anyway? I thought they got Friday afternoons off.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I wanna be super skinny because then I can have special powers like all the other super heroes. Oh wait, I misunderstood the OP.

Yeah, strangely enough, the sense of aesthetics of the male side of the human species isn't monolithic. Some like fat, some like thin, some like muscular and others don't even like vagina. My eyes... they are now open. I owe it all to the OP.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lots of men also don't like bananas.

I'm just not sure how this affects me.

+1

Lots of girls don't give a damn what "lots of men" like :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Who gives a **** what guys like?

Patty Donahue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UX2afsTqFI
  • desidieter
    Options
    Who cares what guys like or don't like? It shouldn't dictate or even affect a woman's sense of self. Now, I realize that's not always the case, but I see that as a serious societal problem.
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahahahha
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    In because, well.. I like skinny girls.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Who gives a **** what guys like?

^^^This :smile:

applause-o.gif[/url]
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    that's right because your sense of self worth should be based on what guys may or may not like
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Call this odd, but I don't want to be very skinny just to be attractive for guys.

I feel better in my own skin at a lower weight. I navigate through my surroundings with much more confidence when I'm slimmer. I smile more, go out more. And that confidence is what makes me attractive to some guys, not my dress size.

If you are more comfortable at a higher (but not unhealthy) weight, then the same logic applies.

Very well put. :flowerforyou:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    From competition with other women. Media distortion. And you are never good enough talk. (whether it's self talk or other)

I won't ever be skinny.

It'd be nice to be thinner.... but eh then again, define thinner.

I hate this female competition crap that always pops up. Obviously the super skinny thing came from the fashion industry, which back in the day, was run by men. And now of course it's the whole thigh gap thing where ever that junk came from.

I have never in my life felt the need to compete with another women in the looks dept. Never. Now the work environment & the gym are different stories.

eta: After I got sick, I gained a lot of weight in my butt. I swear now with this big butt, men flock when I go out. It's crazy. So no, I don't think the men around here like that look.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'd like to jump in here and say that skinny isn't a goal that men are throwing at women. It's a goal that women are throwing at each other. Men as a group aren't attracted to any one thing--just like women. Let the men like what they like. Be and do what makes you happy. Everybody wins.

Now we can stop having this discussion.
    ^^^ What she said.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I want to be thinner because I feel better this way. When I feel better about the way I look, that confidence shows. This was true at 150 and at 118!

The funniest thing to me is all the women who have commented have remarked on how 'thin' I am and I look "great". LOL........I have been sick and this is why I lost weight. One women even said "OH then it was worth it!" Yea. No.

Men? They either like me or not. I wont say it doesn't matter at all what they think but in the end I am unable to change that so why give it so much of my brain space?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Also for me the goals I set are for myself, not for other women or men. Although I do like to feel sexy and that is definitely part of it. But, that's about how I feel. I'm married and my husband likes my body the same way I do. I also set goals that are healthy and realistic for me and my body type. That is an individual thing. I like to be slim and trim and firm and fit, with the curves that my body has. I am petite, so being a model was never an option. Hope that helps, op.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    tagging to read later
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So how did women get this mindset of wanting to be super skinny??

On what basis do you claim that women in general want to be super skinny? I don't. I want to look athletic and strong.* My natural build is on the smaller side, though, so that affects how I look when I'm really fit, but that doesn't mean skinny, which I don't think is an aspiration for most women I know.

But for me probably the main motivator to be thinner vs. other body types that are within the healthy range is how clothes look and fit. Especially since I kind of like vintage stuff and lots of them are tiny.

*So I can intimidate other women who try to compete with me, of course.**

**Just kidding.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Who the fook cares what guys like? I don't bust my *kitten* everyday to impress a guy! It's about me.