Any moms who successfully lost their baby weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• mommy1364
    mommy1364 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    My baby is 6.5 months old and I have lost the baby weight! I started the pregnancy at around 150lbs and ended at 190-195lbs. Granted my body doesnt look like it did before, my stomach isnt as firm anymore and my butt/thighs are a little bigger than I would like them to be, but it comes with the title. I lost around 15 lbs with breastfeeding (I stopped at 8-9 weeks due to low supply.) I started MFP when she was 2.5 months. It has helped so much! It really keeps you in check with how much you're taking in. I'm in the military so exercise is a part of my everyday schedule but I was also going to the gym after work before I picked her up from daycare. I did that for probably 2 months. I was and still am doing cardio (running, walking, "dance" classes) and strength training as well. All at a postpartum pace, of course :) Honestly, I hate working out. Just the thought of going to the gym irritates me. But I know that it will get my body back to what I'm comfortable with. And their are plently of other things you can do for a work out that doesn't involve a gym, thankfully ;) As for my eating habits, the only thing I changed was how much I was/am consuming. I have a sweet tooth and its next to impossible for me to give up junk food but that's where the calorie counting comes in for me. As long as I have the extra calories to eat it, I will. Of course I'm making healthier choices when it comes to eating meals, that has also helped a lot. But the thing that pushed me the most I think was keeping my "skinny" clothes around. Every once in a while I would try them on and see how far I had to go and it made me realize how much I didn't like my current body and what I wanted to get back to. Brutal, but it worked for me!

You can do it! I went through periods of "I dont care anymore, I'm gonna eat what I want." (and i did) or I felt like I wasn't losing anything and wanted to give up. It's fine to feel that way. It's going to happen more than likely. Eat w/e it is that you're craving (in moderation. Don't go eat a whole pizza to yourself lol) and then get back on track. If you feel like you're not losing the weight or you're bored with your work out routine, change it up. Do something that you find fun but still allows you to get a workout in. No one is perfect and losing the weight is hard and frustrating and seems impossible sometimes, especially with a baby. It won't happen as quickly as you want it to, but if you really want it, it'll happen. Good Luck! I hope everything works out for you : )
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have four kids and lost the weight I gained in pregnancy by the time each child was one without much effort. Keeping it off was the hard part. I breastfed all of the kids and I think that my problem was that I could eat quite a bit while the babies were young (similar to how I ate when pregnant and was gaining) and still lose weight, but when they got older and I didn't need as many calories, I continued to eat the same. Breaking those habits is hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!