The beginning of the rest of my life.

Options
I decided last night after so much watching Supersize VS Superskinny and Extreme make-over Weight Loss Edition, that it was finally my time to do this. I have lost 55 lbs so far (in 2 years) simply by eating a little less and using MFP. At my biggest i was 5'10 and 338lbs at age 19. I'm 21 now, and Imagine how I could look if I actually tried to lose the weight!!
I did my first fight or flight workout all alone in my living room and pushed my limits not only with exercise, but i wanted to make it about getting off my lazy *kitten* and JUST DOING IT, something I have such a hard time with, especially since my life is so inactive. So instead of having my boyfriend do the dishes, late at night after dinner, I did them, AND cleaned the kitchen spotless. Also, normally would skip brushing my teeth until i shower because i just didn't care, but i brushed and flossed last night and this morning, because i want this to be not only about losing weight, I want it to be a transformation, mentally AND physically. But most of all, I wanted my goal to be something i worked hard for. Something that i can say 'I STRUGGLED to get where I am, and it makes me all the more beautiful!'
So instead of waiting for me to lost another 50 lbs in another 2 years, I'm going to drop 50 lbs in 3 months. And If I achieve this, my father will pay for my fiance and I to go on a vacation back to my home town up north for the Christmas holidays, so my whole family, who has always commented on how big i was, will FINALLY see what I am supposed to look like!! I'm so exited and I want you all to join me while I go through this journey, because Its not gonna be over on Christmas day, this is the rest of my life I'm changing. Please be a part of that and send me a friend request, I need all the help and support i can possibly get. Watch me transform, and thanks for reading my story!!
-Jessica Marie

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is great, but 50 lbs in 3 months may be unreasonable. Healthy weight loss is closer to 1-2 pounds per week. 25 pounds in 3 months or 50 pounds in 6 months would be a much more reasonable goal.
  • madxprofessor
    madxprofessor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if its 'reasonable' or not. Ive seen other people do it the healthy way, just because most people don't have the time or energy to work out 2 to 3 hours a day doesn't mean I don't. I have all day to exercise. I would appreciate no negativity. Thanks.
  • georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOOT, this is an awesome post! I LOVE watching the transformations on Extreme Weightloss, Chris and his wife Heidi are my heroes! The title of this post is what really struck me. I think it's great that you have short term goals and are ready to tackle them. Even more importantly will be developing those goals, challenging yourself, learning from mistakes, that shape your long term health. Congrats on making such a big step, if you need extra support or anything of that nature feel free to message me or add me!
  • Akilah101
    Options
    That's an amazing story. I too am starting my weight loss journey... and I'll love to be a part of yours as well.