Healthy Cereal??

Options
Hello Everyone :)

I LOVE cereal with cold milk in the morning, BUT can't find a healthy one - they are all FULL of sugar and are made with enriched products.

What kind of cereal do you enjoy? And is it healthy?

Thank you :) !!! I miss my Frosted Flakes! ...lol...but am trying not to eat sugar by the truck load!

Replies

• Corazon84
    Options
    Try mulit-grain cheerios they are good and don't have many calories.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I eat plain ol' Bran Flakes. It sounds boring, but they aren't that bad. You can add sugar or a bit of fruit if you want them to be sweeter. :)
  • john_elkins_1981
    john_elkins_1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Great Value brand Bran Flakes. It does have high fructose corn syrup in it, but it is PACKED full of Vitamins and nutrients and allot of fiber. Awesome cereal! Also, low in calories, plus I think it is delicious.
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy most of the Special K cereals - very delicious and low cal. I've currently been eating the oats & honey variety with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top in the morning with a nice cold glass of orange juice. :)
  • deandp371
    Options
    I've been into shredded wheat - since "shredding" is all the rage! I like the Kashi brand but there are certainly others! A bowl of that and a banana or such and I'm good to go for the morning.

Good luck in your search!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Original...yum!!! Also, try mixing 1/2 and 1/2 oatmeal and instant barley for a good hot cereal.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi blueberry and flakes it tastes great and only has 200 calories and if u use skim milk of a half cup only 45 calories. the whole think has 245 for a cup of cereal and it has lots of fiber which helps u stay full
  • helenamonks
    Options
    I eat frosted flakes sometimes, I just account for it when I add it into my calories. My absolute faves are Special K with Red Berries and Special K fruit and Yogurt. They are relatively healthy and they taste super good.

My mom likes Kashi go lean, which in my opinion tastes like horse feed, but hey, to each his/her own!!
  • cami78
    cami78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nestlé Shredded Wheat has no added sugar or salt and are great with sliced banana or strawberries.
    Also on my favourites list are Kellog's Bran Flakes and Weetabix.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest is wonderful!
    Usually I have oatmeal with a little bit of cinnamon...but when I crave crunchy sweetness I break into the Kashi.
  • nikijohnson8
    nikijohnson8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually have either Cheerios or Rice Krispies. The RK aren't that satisying, but I really like them. :P I add chopped up banana to both.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Try any of the cheerios! A bowl is usually a little over 100 calories. Honey Bunches of oats is also good.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I love grapenuts with blueberries. I could eat that for every meal.
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9 Original Whole Grain Cereal
    1/2 C = 190 Calories, Sugar 0, Total Fat 1 g, Total Carbs 40 g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Protein 8g
    I like to eat Ezekiel with a fruit to add the sugar not in the cereal =)
    Enjoy!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Post shredded wheat and bran- love it, but I am used to cereals without sugar.
    Cheerios-Original
    Kashi heart to heart-Toasted oats pretty much the same thing as cheerios but lower sodium
    Kashi- Go lean, it is amazing.
    Barbaras- Shredded spoonfuls multrgrain
    Fiber one- honey clusters

Any cereal should have 2 grams of fiber or more period.