All Joints Popping

Options
I know this seems like maybe a silly observation but... I've always had loose joints prone to popping (not dislocating just popping and cracking) but it's never bothered me or affected my ability to work out (in my younger years and lighter weights).

Today I am 44 yo 5'2 and 175 (lost 10 pounds so far). I have been working out every day but going slow to avoid injury. I do some strength/cardio tapes like Jillian's and go to the gym for cycling and treadmill time.

I am not hurt but I am sore - especially arms. And ALL my joints seem really creaky and cracky now. Shoulders and knees are the worst but ankles and wrists creak too.

Are there any supplements that I should take to help with this? Maybe I am going too fast?

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Glucosamine/chondoitin MSM might help. It helps me, but others dont' have the same result.

Also fish oil tabs to help reduce inflammation.

Other than that it's just part of being old (I'm 44 as well)
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    From one senior to another-- thanks!!!

I'll try Glucosamine/chondoitin MSM. I used to take fish oil-- need to start again! Appreciate your help!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Glucosamine/chondoitin MSM might help. It helps me, but others dont' have the same result.

Also fish oil tabs to help reduce inflammation.

Other than that it's just part of being old (I'm 44 as well)

I second these supplements.

But I take some of them and my knees and shoulders crack and pop all the time - have done since my twenties :/

As long as there's no pain I wouldn't worry about it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    loose joints/hypermobility are best protected by strengthening the muscles around them which will help keep them stable.

i dont get to much popping though unless it's during a massage, but if there's no pain i wouldnt worry about it. oh yeah i also have loose joints
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I pop a lot! Just noise. You must keep exercising, especially stretching and specific exercises to strengthen muscles in the knee area. Look it up online. :drinker:
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!