is this a cheat day?

Options
tonight i shall be going out for my monthly meet- up with my best bud of 3 decades.
plan to have 3 pints of guinness and 3 larege gin and tonics.plus snacks.
that will consume my daily calorie goal of 1480.
i intend to eat only 1 800 cal meal today.
i will exrcise off at least 1000 cals in pool.
i will have a net calorie deficit as usual.
is this cheating?

Replies

• tjp70
    tjp70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating, it's having a night out with friends. Relax tonight with your friends and tomorrow you can go back to your usual regime.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goal. If the goal is being sober or being healthy, sounds like it's an F for that day. If the goal is weight loss, sounds great.

Have fun. :)
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you are doing 2 1/2 hour swim workouts then you are in increadibley fantastic physical shape and and a few drinks probably will go unnoticed.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    any good thanksgiving cheat day stories to tell?
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat" days, simply because the test is myself. I have days when I stick to the plan, days when I am successful at adapting my plan (like it seems you did), days where I am slightly off and days where I went completely off the rails.

No one is profiting unduly from my decisions - it's all on me. So it's not cheating, simply cause and effect (which is why I'm still about 11 lb over my goal weight!)
  • I did go over my calories but I am proud of the fact that I haven't hit 2000 yet... I am pretty full and done eating for the day. I plan to walk the dog for 45 mins this evening. Back on tomorrow! I am glad we don't have leftovers!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Nope its fine, it would be fine without the exercise, but the fact is you are going really well so chill. Like buying soemthing in advance. Enjoy.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have another cheat day until the next scheduled one. Let a little loose but don't go crazy. Enjoy yourself :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Depends on your goal. If the goal is being sober or being healthy, sounds like it's an F for that day. If the goal is weight loss, sounds great.

Have fun. :)
    who ya cheating on? lol I've never understood the concept of the words 'cheat meal'. How about a treat meal or just simply a meal that you enjoy and plan on working a bit harder to burn off. :shrugs::

I say just have fun, enjoy yourself, skip the guilt and move on... it's the guilt that causes the problems... :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    tycho_mx wrote: »
    I don't have "cheat" days, simply because the test is myself. I have days when I stick to the plan, days when I am successful at adapting my plan (like it seems you did), days where I am slightly off and days where I went completely off the rails.

No one is profiting unduly from my decisions - it's all on me. So it's not cheating, simply cause and effect (which is why I'm still about 11 lb over my goal weight!)
    makes sense to me!

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Cheat day for me. However, I'm not getting stupid about it.