Approaching my goal weight

Options
It's been a while since I posted, but I'm almost there. I can see the crease in my stomach, muscle definition, man boobs are gone, etc. I'm 9 pounds away from my goal weight and feeling great. If by the time these 9 pounds melt away and I still don't have even somewhat defined abs, should I bulk and then cut again in the spring? Going into the 160's as a 6 foot tall male doesn't sound very fun, I always thought it looked too skinny. I'm tired of feeling tired and having stagnating lifts all the time, so what should I do?
Thanks in advance, Alex

Replies

• BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I hit goal today at 190 (same height as you).. I changed goal to 180 and that is where I will reassess

What is your current weight? I'm assuming 170ish.. I would just eat at maintain (maybe a slight excess) This should build the muscle you want, give you the energy you need and still burn off the little fat that is left. That's my plan when I get to a weight I think is appropriate.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    160 at your height might be okay if you are small framed. My fiancé is six feet and ranges between 150-160, and he has great abs and strong, visible back and leg muscles and nice arms too. He's fit and muscular looking but he's just small-boned. He's been trying for ten years to build muscle with a trainer, strict lifting program, and bulk/cut cycles, and he's added more than 30 pounds of muscle from his high-school weight, but without drastic measures he is unlikely to ever be much bigger than he is today. He's just not built for it. Broad-shouldered but totally bird-boned other than that, you know?

You should of course try a bulk/cut if you want, but I just wanted to offer the anecdote because not every 6' guy has the bones to be a fit 190 and it doesn't mean you're doing it wrong.
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 179
    My original goal weight was 190, and that didn't turn out well
    I'll have to reassess at 170, but if what you're saying is true, maybe 160-65 doesn't sound too skinny at all
  • glickman1
    Options
    Bump
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    usually 174lbs for a male 5'8 i think is usually really good once you reach your goal id recommend just maintaining or even bulking so you dont back slide but your goal sounds reasonable so i wouldnt go lower
  • glickman1
    Options
    I'd like to bulk just to continue making strength gains, but maintaining does sound attractive