I made it through half way

Options
Hello everyone
First I never complete 2 weeks in diet on my life and I thought that was destiny to live obese for the rest of my life
I quitted smoking on September 1st 2013
after I quitted I said to my self that I could quit smoking I can do everything
On April 28th 2014 I was 103.5 KG = 228 lbs:noway: I was 22 years old also I thought that I will be on the diet for 1 week or 2 weeks tops, but I continued my journey and I made it half through my goal yesterday I was 80.9 KG = 178 lbs:love: my goal is 65 KG = 143 lbs
ba6573fc-738b-4396-ba89-b1565e075090_zps5629be85.jpg
On the left I was 103.5 KG = 228 lbs
The middle one I was 92 KG = 203 lbs
The right one I was 80.9 KG = 178 lbs:bigsmile:
I will keep this challenge for the rest of life.
Last thing if there is any spelling or grammar mistake I'm sorry because the english language is mt second language.

Work Hard and never give up your dream

65481933.png

Replies

• jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Consistency really pays off.
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference in the pics. You look great! Well done :)
  • staceyfeb2014
    staceyfeb2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done, I my self always thought I will always be an obese person, never been thin in my life but like you I can do anything and I'm a third of the way there!! Keep up your hard work.
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    Way to go man, you're pure inspiration! You will reach your goal, you've already proven you can.

I, myself, was 132.4kg when I looked in the mirror one day, and decided I didn't even recognize who was staring back at me anymore (Nothing like the Holidays to make you feel blue).

Since the beginning of January this year (When I decided to really educate myself about fitness, and committed to making the change a new lifestyle) I've lost 43.9kg, but I've gained a world of confidence. It takes tenacity to make the change, I guess what really helped me was getting bit by the iron bug.

For me, there isn't much else that feels quite as good as setting a new personal record, knowing that all that hard work and dedication has paid off, and seeing the visual reminder, and better still is feeling it, every time I lift more weight.

I gotta ask, what has kept you motivated and committed to reaching your goal(s)?
  • Majed_Aljahdali
    Options
    well I ate fast food since 5 years ago and one of my friend he is a doctor he said if you be like this you will get high blood pressure and diabetes before you will reach your 30th birthday but I didn't care at that time
    before I started my lovely journey and after I quitted smoking I got some pain in my chest that woke me up when I was sleep and I thought It could be heart attack then I remembered my friends words to me, but when I went to doctor to check up and the doctor said exactly what my friend said
    The doctor said "you are looking good and so young to have these problem and you must lose weight"
    two days later I was ready to go and here I am.
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good on you, Majed! You look great! Good luck for the rest of your weight loss.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Getting past a mental block like "I can only diet for two weeks" is a huge success too. :smile:
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You must be thrilled with your progress????. You can sure see a difference in your pictures.
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! I can tell a big differance ! Your posture looks better as well . And no worries about grammar Even I with it being my first language can fudge up grammar pretty bad . lol :) Congrats on the great loss your doing amazing things for yourself and your body will repay you with great health and fitness!! well done! :0
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good job, I too have been able to stick to watching my food intake this time. I have had my days where I falter but I will probably struggle with that the rest of my life. Keep up the good work.
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!! Keep it up!!!! Congrats on your success so far!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Hello everyone
    First I never complete 2 weeks in diet on my life and I thought that was destiny to live obese for the rest of my life
    I quitted smoking on September 1st 2013
    after I quitted I said to my self that I could quit smoking I can do everything
    On April 28th 2014 I was 103.5 KG = 228 lbs:noway:
    I was 22 years old also I thought that I will be on the diet for 1 week or 2 weeks tops, but I continued my journey and I made it half through my goal yesterday I was 80.9 KG = 178 lbs:love: my goal is 65 KG = 143 lbs

Work Hard and never give up your dream

Congratulations!
    You have made two very important decisions in your young life!
    I hope your successes inspire your friends and family, too.

Best Wishes!
  • lamiaa1988
    lamiaa1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck
  • Majed_Aljahdali
    Options
    Thank you everyone for cheers me up
    I inspire my older brother to quit smoking and he 3 weeks quitted and also starts to lose weight like me and my younger brother wants lose weight I inspired my family and now we change our lifestyle

Also inspire my best friend to do some activity together
    It is beautiful to change your family and friends lifestyle to better because I care for them

I will update my progress after two months to cheer other people to lose weight
    Work Hard and Never Give Up Your Dream.
  • nappsmcgee
    nappsmcgee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. Never apologize for your English. It's a tough language, and the fact that you have such a good grasp on it considering it's not your first language is very impressive.

2. You look great! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!