I want to get fit to cosplay! XD

Options
2»

Replies

• siriuslyyellow
    siriuslyyellow Posts: 17 Member
    Options

So, yeah! I'm trying to lose 90 lbs, which should get me down to 150 lbs if my scale is accurate (which is unlikely). I'd like to lose that (and maybe more?) by next year's NYCC (New York Comic Con, in case you don't know), which will be in October 2015. That way I can cosplay something awesome, assuming that I have enough money and can pull it off. XD

Hey!

NYCC sounds like a blast. Who are you looking to cosplay? Harley's outfit from Arkham looks killer.

Hi! Harley's always a blast! XP <3 I want to cosplay Dizzy from Guilty Gear. Also Alexiel from Angel Sanctuary and Emma's Phoenix Five outfit from Avengers Vs. X-Men. :D
  • siriuslyyellow
    Options
    I love this!!! I've always wanted to cosplay too but I was hesitant due to my weight as well. Rock on!

Thanks! You can do it, too! I believe in you!! :D
  • siriuslyyellow
    Options
    OMG I COSPLAY TOO! ADD MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OKAAAAAAAY!! HOORAAAAAAAY!! XDDD
  • siriuslyyellow
    Options
    It's times like these I wish that FMP had a 'like' button. :)

Haha, IKR? But they only have it on the timeline thingys. *hits like anyways* :P
  • siriuslyyellow
    Options
    That is awesome. I have been dieting pretty hard for my Harley Quinn cosplay. ^_^ I'd love to see the costume you are working towards.

I have NOTHING done yet. Like, at all. Lol. XD But Harley ROCKS! I'd love to see your pics! :D
  • SaintTawny
    SaintTawny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cosplay is one of the best reasons to get fit. I'm always super jealous of women who can pull off Rikku. My pirate/renaissance costuming is a large part of why I finally doubled down for weight loss. I've dabbled in cosplaying but haven't been to an Anime Convention in costume (yet). I've made/done a Girl Hitler from Venture Bros, and a female version of Engineer from Team Fortress 2, and while those work at my current size, they'll be so much better at a healthy BMI.

We should be friends and inspire each other! :)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yay getting fit for cosplay! It's my ultimate goal, as well. Though I did just say F it and went as black widow (with my boyfriend as the winter soldier) to this past Dragon Con. I was corsetted to hell but I had so much fun. I imagine it will only get better as a lose more weight and no longer need the corset. Our next big Con will be Wizard World in Philly, which is usually in June. 7 pounds down, 30-40 more to go.
    I would love to see more cosplayers getting fit! We talked to a few at Dragon Con who said the same thing. I think it's such a fun reason and you really get to show off your results and rock it.
  • marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am getting fit for cosplay too :) I have been cosplaying for about 8 years. Add me if you like <3
  • GalHowYuhBadSo
    Options
    My boyfriend wants me to go with him. I might..
  • Loralrose
    Options
    An added bonus is that it's cheaper and easier to sew small costumes vs large ones! You'll have an easier time tailoring the pattern to hang right and such, and you won't have to buy as much fabric. It's a win all around :)

Do you have a character in mind for when you reach goal weight?
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to lose weight to do cosplay and other roleplaying things. Feel free to add me if any of you guys would like! I want to go a Bane, Harley Quinn, Vincent (FFVII), Tifa (FFVII), Bellatrix Lastrange, and many, many more! :happy:
  • ketigris
    Options
    I want to lose weight for cosplay too! I started dieting a couple of weeks ago. It's going pretty well so far.
    Overall I want to lose 12 kg to get to my ideal weight. Haha 12 kg will make a huge difference especially on a 4'11 girl like me haha. Lets all work hard together!!!
  • Surreal2You
    Surreal2You Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Although I have yet to cosplay I have been thinking of it. Anyways I hope that you are doing well and are able to accomplish your goal! Good Luck!
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your noble goal!
    I have cosplayed through the years but in the next year or so I want to do a cosplay with my friend where I would be Cammy and she would he Chun Li from Street Fighter. We have been lifting weights and getting super toned so we could look like real fighting chicks (not to mention I don't want to rock a tight green swimsuit with my current little tummy pudge). I know you can do it if you set your mind too it! Perhaps carry around a picture of who you want to cosplay so if you're feeling like overeating when the going gets tough it'll remind you of what your doing this for! <3
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cosplaying is awesome and a great motivation for weight-loss from what I find! My first cosplay was at Anime North in 2013 and I was unhappy with the pictures. |t prompted me to lose 20 lbs (from 155 to 135 at 5'5"). I am back to 138 lbs and want to get to 130 lbs BEFORE I finish my Nightingale cosplay from Skyrim....it has a black "liquid pleather" body suit that hugs EVERY curve @_@
    Good luck with your goals!