My struggles with food!

Options
I know what I need to do, I know what I need to eat. Furthermore, I know what I need to stay away from!

This is going to sound weird, but I'll say it the best I can. I've always been one of those eat-whatever-you-want type people. For some reason, I find great comfort in going somewhere and ordering the burger and fries instead of a salad and water. I also find great comfort and excitement just thinking about eating good, clean foods such as fruits, vegetables, and lean meats.

I just need to rewind about 6 years ago when I allowed myself to eat the not so great foods once or twice a week, but managed to stick to healthy eating the rest of the time.

It's stress, boredom, frustration, etc that contributes to me reaching for a poor food choice, because after all, I find the comfort in it. I can't do this anymore, and it's time to stop sabotaging my efforts!

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, pickles. I love healthy food. I love junk food. If I really listen to my intuition, and avoid getting caught up with my stress, emotions, and b.s., then my body will tell me what to eat.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!I here you.i`ve struggled with emotional eating for years.I`d grab food for comfort.Today i`m making healthier choices.I try to find ways to not go to food when i`m emotional.try to keep healthy food s avaiable,so you can go to that instead of junk foods.You can make small changes and you`re on the road to success.good luck!
    jane
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big junk food person myself. Certain things I like. Pizza, burgers and tacos are the 3 I really have a hard time not eating. But hate places like McDonalds, BK etc. When I do find a craving for it I just look in the mirror or jump on a scale. Remind myself why I don't need to be eating those foods.
  • spottyhubbard
    Options
    i think everyone struggles with eating what we are supposed to and knowingly eating bad foods we love. I have not had a great 2 weeks and then yesterday my 8 year old took a photo o me and I looked enormous. Not a good feeling. Hopefully I can stay on track this week. You are not alone, lots of people are in the same boat. hang in there