Coffee lovers

Options
Anyone else a huge fan of coffee? What do you put in it to make it low carb/cal and still tasty? Any suggestions?

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, I switched to better quality coffee beans, now I wouldn't add anything to ruin the delicious flavor. Cheap coffee required cream and sweet n low.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I never new Coffee was High carb? I just have my coffee the same just make sure I log the Milk/cream (I use non dairy ones) I use. At around 15-30 cal per cup it's not going to destroy my calories for the day
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    coffee has no carbs and barelly any calories... and if you are a huge fan of coffee why would you want to add anything to it?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Seattle = coffee! I've learned to love it black.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a tsp of sugar and a dash of semi-skimmed milk is how I take it. It works out at about 20 calories per cup. :)
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    coffee creamers are high in calories and have trans-fat
    I get powdered milk and use the powder in my coffee for a lightener. I just add the powder, unmixed, into the coffee. It has a lot fewer calories.
    For sweetener I use TRUVIA. I buy the bottle of loose crystals, not the little packets.
  • nige101
    nige101 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seattle = coffee! I've learned to love it black.

^^^^^ this^^^^^^^ :-)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Medium roast coffee here and 2 scoops of pure cane sure and 2 Tbsp. Of International Delight Hershey Chocolate and Caramel creamer in a travel mug for a 130 calories and worth everyone... Lost a few pounds drinking this concoction...... Best of Luck
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Coffee is low carb and low calorie. 1tsp of sugar is 16 calories and a tbsp of cream has 20, the coffee has virtually no calories.......
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Black coffee for the win. The taste, the aroma, the flavour, the feeling... Simly awesome!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I put milk and stevia in mine. I don't mind the calories as I drink my coffee pretty slowly and enjoy each sip.:drinker:
  • XoxoKellyXoxo
    XoxoKellyXoxo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was always a fan of the flavored creamers, which can def add on the calories. Not a fan of black coffee, so was trying to think of something to add in to give it a flavor and sweetness
  • XoxoKellyXoxo
    XoxoKellyXoxo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Much appreciated :-)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I use the sugar free french vanilla Coffeemate creamer - 1tbls is 15 cals. I use a GIANT mug though so use 2tbls, making my morning coffee ~35 cals. It is my main breakfast item though, so I'm not trying to make it calorie free, just trying out different options :)
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    i invested in good coffee beans and grid them when needed I've gone from a lot of milk and 2 sugars to just a dash of skimmed milk to take the edge of sometimes :)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Quality of the coffee makes a huge difference, I can drink it black or with a little bit of milk. :)
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I drink it black. Always have.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Need my coffee and I just make it fit to my calories for the day. I have cut back a bit on the sugar though.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mmm coffee. I used to drink it with milk when I first started drinking it but I've enjoyed it black for the last 8-10 years. Sugar in coffee never tasted right to me