tae bo

Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOaartzSX6A I have found a tae bo I can handle, although I can't do all the reps, I do pretty good for my young age of 68. I have been doing really simple cardios for 3 months and just now got to a point I can do what I call a simpler tae bo routine, but I rest a lot, and do some of them in slow motion to get the technique down. I can now do 6 push ups correctly, yes thats not many, but I did have a bad shoulder muscle that has taken 3 months to get back to some kind of strength level, thank the Lord. Persistence is the key, and for you older guys and gals, go slow for a few months before you jump into an advance cardio, you will be glad you did. It takes longer when your older to advance if that is what you want. I still walk doing the Leslie Sansone on youtube, 3 mile mostly is enough for me. good luck.

Replies

• SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Persistence is key!!

That is good advice for beginners of any age!
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me, 6 real push-ups is just great! Heck, I'm 67 and I'm still afraid a to do a jumping jack. But I modify all my exercises like p90x, t-25 and tae-bo. A lot of the moves I'm comfortable with and some I'm not. But I do like you. I do what works for me and it is working. Lot's of success to everyone on their fitness journey.
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this video!!! I think I'll use it tonight.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    At 55 I start my work outs slower...warming up really really well and increasing things as I warm up. In the end of my work outs I am really exerting myself ...but not in the beginning...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    For years I taught just cardio kickboxing (very similar to Taebo) and in the late 90's and early 2000's it was the "in" cardio workout.
    Biggest key is working in your range and form. Don't want to twist your knee doing a side/rounhouse kick.
    If you notice the people in the video, all of them are certified Taebo instructors (yes you need certification for it to say you can teach it) I have a friend from my breakdancing days that teaches it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png