Chocolate

Options
Why is chocolate not considered a vegetable, since chocolate comes from cocoa beans, and all beans are a vegetable?

Replies

• FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    there is more in choc milk, sugar, too many other ingredients. that's like saying zucchini bread is a vegetable because of the zucchini, but there are other added ingredients to the bread. .. chocolate it actually comes from a pod not a bean.. here is more answers explaining deeper.. hope that helps

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080302092249AA3y7aE
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    But hey, according to our omnipotent congress in the United States, pizza is considered a vegetable... *shakes head in shame*
  • bcoop911
    Options
    Again... pizza....
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Again... pizza....

Well, if you have veggies on the pizza........OR if you make the crust with cauliflower it would count as a vegetable, right?
  • bcoop911
    Options
    Again... pizza....

Well, if you have veggies on the pizza........OR if you make the crust with cauliflower it would count as a vegetable, right?

I am pretty sure having veggies ON something doesn't make the whole thing a vegetable.. onion on a hamburger, lettuce and a taco, etc. And most pizza doesn't even have veggies on it... how can something that is mostly grain, dairy, meat, and fruit (tomato) be considered a vegetable? You add onions, green peppers, or whatever vegetable you want, it doesn't convert the rest of the pizza that is a majority every other food group into a veggie haha...

I guess cauliflower crust could make the ratio more vegetable, but I have never had pizza with a cauliflower crust and I am sure most schools don't offer that on the lunch menu :-P