Week 1 Soreness

Options
Hey everyone,

I've just finished week one and I'm curious if I should be this sore ? The first four days my calfs hurt and now they don't hurt as much but I seem to have traded that pain for butt, stomach and back pain >_< . Your experience, thoughts or suggestions would be helpful !

Replies

• irisheyes321
    irisheyes321 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi,

What kind of exercises have you been doing?
  • cecedja
    Options
    Insanity and I'm following their 60 calendar . I just finished plyometric cardio circuit .
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Depending on the type of exercises you are doing soreness is normal. Try not to force yourself too much or you may pull a muscle, so take things slowly. Also take cold showers after your routines. Good luck
  • fitnessgem121
    Options
    Hey ! I'm a dancer and have just graduated from a full time college. Everytime, I'd have a number of days off, like for the holidays, my first few days back in training, I'd feel like i'd been in a car crash I was so sore ! So doing something as physically challenging as insanity, it's normal to feel like that ! It might help you to do your own cool down and stretch at the end for at least 15mins.

Hope this was helpful !
  • cecedja
    Options
    Thank you ! That is all very helpful (:
  • KrazyKenny1967
    Options
    I started going to Anytime Fitness last week and I am very sore, this week I'm going to lift light weights and work on form, I think the extended soreness for my is my age, in the past the soreness went away quicker !!
  • cecedja
    Options
    Thank you . That is good insight
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Insanity and I'm following their 60 calendar . I just finished plyometric cardio circuit .

Insanity works a lot of different muscle groups, so, yeah, you're going to have quite a bit of soreness for the first week or two. Any time I starting working a new muscle group, or work a muscle group in a new way, I'll have three-four days or soreness.
  • cecedja
    Options
    Thank you !