1235»

Replies

• NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I put half n half in my coffee.

Yep, you read that right.

Why not enjoy it?

I just make it fit in my calorie budget.

People make calories and food way too hard. Eat what you like, within your budget. You'll be happy and lose weight. Best of both worlds.

This...yes this.

I limited myself to only 2 cups of coffee (fixed up the way I like it) every week, and it made me *miserable*. I changed just a couple of days ago to drinking it every day, the way I *want* to drink it. It means I may not be able to squeeze in as many other snacks as before, and it may mean skipping a biscuit or an extra piece of bread or something...but damn I love my coffee, and I'm gonna have it if I want it. I just make it work.

To me...it's about making changes I can stick with for the rest of my life, not just until I lose my weight.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Colter Coffee, Organic Thunderbolt, DARK!, coarse grind, 7 scoops in the French press. 2-3 TBSP organic heavy whipping cream/unsweetened coconut milk mix. Coffee perfection! Without the cream is delish, but the cream makes it PERFECT!
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was always a fan of the flavored creamers, which can def add on the calories. Not a fan of black coffee, so was trying to think of something to add in to give it a flavor and sweetness

If you enjoy them- then keep on having them.
    International Delight makes great sugar Free/Fat Free creamers- 15 calories a Tbsp
    Caramel Marshmallow, Caramel Cream, French Vanilla, Toasted Hazelnut and my favorite- Chocolate Almond Biscotti.
    My husband purchases raw green coffee beans and roasts them fresh.
    The quality and taste of the coffee itself is superb.
    I don't give a *kitten*- I LOVE MY CREAMERS AND I'M GONNA DRINK THEM!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Interesting reading all the coments about how long it took people to get used to black. Took me like 1 year! I wanted to drink too much coffee to always add a creamer so I kept at it. Before that I couldn't stand it without sweetener and added either sugar free french vanilla coffee creamer or skim milk + sugar.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I sometimes put Organic Valley French Vanilla Creamer in it, but just a small splash. Otherwise, I drink mine black. As others have said, the higher quality beans, the less you'll need to flavor it with something.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    coffee has no carbs and barelly any calories... and if you are a huge fan of coffee why would you want to add anything to it?

This
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have mine black with a teaspoon of coconut oil. If I am out I order a macchiato.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I use a bit of half and half cream and 1 splenda. I will never give up my coffee.

Occassionally I treat myself to a Starbucks Latte of some sort, but that's probably once every 2 or 3 months.

WIll definitely be indulging in a Pumpkin spice latte soon!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Look at all the coffee lovers! LOL, this thread is less than a day old and is up to 4 pages.

I just discovered Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk/Coconutmilk blend. It's 45 cal/cup, minimal carbs and thicker than unsweetened almond milk alone. It lightens up my coffee (1/4 c. per 6-8 oz. coffee) but does not sweeten it much at all. I've gotten used to coffee without sweetener but you can always add splenda.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A friend is sending me some Fit Frappe! Sounds yummy! Full of protein and that little kick we need sometimes.:drinker:
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and either half and half or creamer of some sort. I limit myself to 2 mugs of coffee a day maybe 3 on a rare day. I measure all my extras out and account for them. Sometimes I treat myself to my favorite espresso based drink.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Look at all the coffee lovers! LOL, this thread is less than a day old and is up to 4 pages.

I just discovered Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk/Coconutmilk blend. It's 45 cal/cup, minimal carbs and thicker than unsweetened almond milk alone. It lightens up my coffee (1/4 c. per 6-8 oz. coffee) but does not sweeten it much at all. I've gotten used to coffee without sweetener but you can always add splenda.

Oh my! Almond coconut milk blend...sounds gorgeous, my coffee needs this! I'll be on the lookout for it next time I go shopping.