Just getting started

Options
My name is Shelly and I decided to join because I am sick of myself. I weigh way too much and it is starting to bother me physically. I had always been thin up until I was 30. I put on a lot of weight but I lost it when I was 35. I lost 60 pounds! I kept it off until 2007. Five years! The weight did come back on during the five years but I wasn't concerned at first because I had lost so much. Now I am ten pounds heavier than I was when I started loosing the first time. I know how to do this but I love to eat all the things that are bad for me! So hopefully, I can loose the weight and keep it off. I know it's a lifestyle change and it's good to know that I have support.

Replies

• darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step. You can add me as a friend if you would like. I haven't been here long, but I will help any way that I can and be a support.
  • angelabf
    Options
    Welcome Shelly! This is a great place for support! Good luck on your journey!
  • majikal6
    Options
    Welcome to the community and congratulations on beginning anew!!

You'll love the support and motivation provided by everyone here and should you want/need any feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Jonya1271
    Jonya1271 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you for taking this step!! This site has helped me a ton. We have a weight loss challenge going at work ,and I really want to win! If I don't then I will still be a much better example for my kids, and anyone else who wants to lose weight. I've been pretty much gaining a little bit at a time since even before I had my first child, and he's almost `5. My little one is ten so I can't use him as an excuse for my belly anymore. It's time to get it off!! I've been talking about it for years, and giving it a few half-assed attempts. This time I will succeed!! I have to. I'm almost 40, and I know that the older I get the harder it will be, so I have to do it now. The first week I lost 7 pounds, and I was super happy. But that tends to happen when I first start any weight loss attempt. When you're used to eating crap, and you completely change the way you eat, your body celebrates! At least MINE does. So, yeah, I know that not every week will be like that, but if I just keep losing SOMETHING each week, and stay on track, I'll be happy. Add me as a friend! I'd like that! Talk soon. I'm on FaceBook too. Jeri Stepper is my name. Talk soon. Good luck!