Plateaued on my weigh in. F you Labor Day

Options
2»

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How to ignore (block posts from) any user: Click on the arrow next to their name, click Ignore.

Tell the truth and highlight that making excuses isn't taking responsibility, have users encourage ignoring ... typical of the bury one's head in the sand to avoid reality technique.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    It wasn't because of Labor Day weekend ... it was because of your choices. Take ownership of your actions and stop blaming a date on a calendar.

Brian- read the second sentence of my my original post you bone head.

Your second sentence reads " I totally steered off course on Saturday and Sunday had a bunch of alcohol,taco bell, pizza and even ate when I was drunk, etc." So you blame a holiday ... then go to say how you did so much of it was done while drunk which is further deflection ... then resort to name calling. The third sentence mentions how you have to get over the "bump" but noting about accepting responsibility for your behaviors over the holiday weekend. You can take responsibility, admit that you (not a holiday ... phase of the moon ... alcohol ... anything or anyone else) are the one making choices, and approach this like an adult. It's possible to overcome the occasional excuse. Excuse making and deflection of responsibility are much harder to overcome.

This is the Motivation and Support area. Some people are confusing it with the Chastise and Finger-point area. :-)
    Enabling excuse making is neither supportive nor motivational. The OP made decisions. It wasn't the holiday or alcohol putting food and drink into his mouth.

brianpperkins-
    I'm totally biting on this troll. Dude, your being an *kitten*.

His post doesn't sound like someone dodging responsibility of his own actions.

His 2nd sentence starts"I totally steered off course...". See there, how he says HE steered, not the weekend steered.

Also, his last sentence reads "... so trying not to get too discouraged and be proactive about it by identifying where I went wrong and the changes I need to make to continue to progress forward. "

I don't know how you think this post deserves a dose tough love and the stark truth, but it doesn't. Some do, but in this case, I feel like your just being an *kitten*.

I'm sure you'll respond to this and I'll read it. But don't expect another response from me.

You're wrong. He steered off course is a statement of fact, not acceptance of responsibility. The rest of the sentence goes on how it was done while drunk. Identifying where he went wrong is simple ... his decision making process. Rather than accept that, it's F the weekend, oh .. I was drunk, blah blah excuses. Your enabling and misrepresenting what he actually stated isn't support no matter how much you lie to yourself and say it is. Your own words betray that you know the reality ... "I don't know how you think this post deserves a dose tough love and the stark truth" ... the unnecessary adjectives aside (it is either the truth or not, referring to it as "stark" is not needed), your referring to it as the "truth" shows you know what he said fails to accept responsibility. Everyone deserves the truth in conversation. If you think people don't, that is an admission that you tolerate dishonesty.

i agree with brian.
    way to much soft- soaping on here.
    we all share opinions on here, no need for the insults just because thoughts differ.
    ps i believe a plateau is 6 weeks
    a stall shorter period
    a drink fuelled binge can be anytime!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ahhh - if only life came with a rewind button!! We could all learn, and then "re-do" and have things go wonderfully! LOL My husband and I constantly laugh about how wonderful it would be if we could really to that, or hit the "undo" button.

You've got it though - evaluate what happened and why, learn from it and move on. No dwelling on it, no beating yourself up about it. Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. That's what makes you awesome!!

You got this!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It was one weekend. You enjoyed it. It's life there will be other weekends that you'll enjoy as well (as there should be). You just carry on with your goals the following days.
  • cburke719
    Options
    Just keep moving on and don't let one weekend of binge to get you down. We've all done this and the best is to just jump back on the band wagon and keep traveling down the road to good health.

If you have truly plateau'd I would recommend eating different foods if you are always eating the same and to change your exercise pattern. That does seem to help get you moving again.

By all means keep doing what you have been doing to get to your prime weight and to stay there. It's a life goal and we are only human and will slip from time to time. I ate enchaladas, ice cream and drank 2 cans of beer - due to a good reason and this morning had gained back 1 lb but I'm moving forward and will continue to do so.

Good luck and keep motivated!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We like to spend Labor Day with a couple that we're friends with. The weekend usually involves overindulgence. So I just plan on it. I tried to get in 10,000 steps everyday and the week before didn't eat back my exercise calories.

Of course I would lose more weight more quickly if I didn't do that, but the occasional splurge weekend helps keep me on track long term.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Seeing "F you Labor Day" made me laugh ~ thank you!

But, I agree with the majority: Labor day came, it sounds like you had a great time, you're back on track now, no real harm done. :) It would be a problem if every day was Labor Day for you (which is an easy habit to get into, I know), but that's not the case.

I think the most important thing I have learned in 44 years is that you will never be successful by being unkind to yourself. Never. You need to be your own loudest and proudest cheerleader. :)

Thanks taking my headline with a grain of salt. It was meant to be funny, and was making fun of my own situation, and of course to be an eye catching post in the hundreds of posts.

Of course I was expecting some cliche comment like "it's not labor day fault it's your choices blah blah blah" . I guess I have different humor than others or people just lack the sense?
  • lexluv101
    Options
    Trust me, I didn't do great on Labor Day Weekend either. We went bowling with my family - dad is working in Ohio and only gets home on the holidays. So it was my dad, son, mom, and brother and me. She surprised us with a New York Pizza and I indulged. Then I had the family cookout at my aunt's house. So yeah, not a healthy day, but I don't regret it. Those get togethers don't come often for me.
  • mhlew
    Options
    It wasn't because of Labor Day weekend ... it was because of your choices. Take ownership of your actions and stop blaming a date on a calendar.

Your second sentence reads " I totally steered off course on Saturday and Sunday had a bunch of alcohol,taco bell, pizza and even ate when I was drunk, etc." So you blame a holiday ... then go to say how you did so much of it was done while drunk which is further deflection ... then resort to name calling. The third sentence mentions how you have to get over the "bump" but noting about accepting responsibility for your behaviors over the holiday weekend. You can take responsibility, admit that you (not a holiday ... phase of the moon ... alcohol ... anything or anyone else) are the one making choices, and approach this like an adult. It's possible to overcome the occasional excuse. Excuse making and deflection of responsibility are much harder to overcome.

This is the Motivation and Support area. Some people are confusing it with the Chastise and Finger-point area. :-)
    Enabling excuse making is neither supportive nor motivational. The OP made decisions. It wasn't the holiday or alcohol putting food and drink into his mouth.

You are entitled to perceive my post how you like, however I felt I took ownership of my situation as stated in my OP, I can't please everyone but I think most on here would agree that I am blaming myself. And trust me.. There are many words in my vocabulary other then "bonehead" I could have called you , so I am glad I didn't say any worse to make you cry like a little baby. it is so funny how much I got under your skin. Your frustration shines through in your words. Thanks for humoring me, Brian. :)
  • brianpperkins
    Options

You are entitled to perceive my post how you like, however I felt I took ownership of my situation as stated in my OP, I can't please everyone but I think most on here would agree that I am blaming myself. And trust me.. There are many words in my vocabulary other then "bonehead" I could have called you , so I am glad I didn't say any worse to make you cry like a little baby. So funny how so under your skin I got and it your frustration shines through in your words. Thanks for humoring me, Brian. :)

You "felt" ... so emotion over logic and fact. That is telling about you. You find excuses as an acceptable substitute for truly accepting responsibility ... again, very telling.

You wouldn't make me cry with further childish name calling. In fact, I find it quite revealing about the level of intellect you choose to put into discourse. Acting like a petulant child on a playground is not something reasonable adults strive for ... but it is the level you seem happy to operate at. Your poor decision making on the holiday weekend is mirrored by your poor choices posting, including lying to yourself and others.

Of course, I'm not the one who chose not to control their alcohol and food intake then make excuses about it. You are. I can control my actions ... you apparently choose not to. I would pity you if I thought you were worthy of that level of emotion. I don't.

Now think of your next excuses for your future mistakes. I'm sure you won't say you chose poorly and accept responsibility. That is an adult approach. Acting like a child is more your style. Good day.
  • mhlew
    Options

Lol.. Brian can you get me a baby bottle with a beer in it, and a bib for some ribs? Damn you NFL Football!!!!

You are entitled to perceive my post how you like, however I felt I took ownership of my situation as stated in my OP, I can't please everyone but I think most on here would agree that I am blaming myself. And trust me.. There are many words in my vocabulary other then "bonehead" I could have called you , so I am glad I didn't say any worse to make you cry like a little baby. So funny how so under your skin I got and it your frustration shines through in your words. Thanks for humoring me, Brian. :)

You "felt" ... so emotion over logic and fact. That is telling about you. You find excuses as an acceptable substitute for truly accepting responsibility ... again, very telling.

You wouldn't make me cry with further childish name calling. In fact, I find it quite revealing about the level of intellect you choose to put into discourse. Acting like a petulant child on a playground is not something reasonable adults strive for ... but it is the level you seem happy to operate at. Your poor decision making on the holiday weekend is mirrored by your poor choices posting, including lying to yourself and others.

Of course, I'm not the one who chose not to control their alcohol and food intake then make excuses about it. You are. I can control my actions ... you apparently choose not to. I would pity you if I thought you were worthy of that level of emotion. I don't.

Now think of your next excuses for your future mistakes. I'm sure you won't say you chose poorly and accept responsibility. That is an adult approach. Acting like a child is more your style. Good day.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Quoting fail ... that made me laugh. I look forward to the excuses you offer to explain away your latest mistake.
  • mhlew
    Options
    Quoting fail ... that made me laugh. I look forward to the excuses you offer to explain away your latest mistake.

Damn fat fingers!
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Brian-
    Do you have any experience with drug addicts or alcoholics? Be it yourself, family or loved ones? Do you work with drug addicts? As a corrections officer maybe?
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I got your drift! You're funny! We've all done it! Carry on.
  • Seabee74
    Options
    So is there a question in there somewhere ?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    one week is irrelevant in the scheme of things. Just keep moving forward.
  • mhlew
    Options
    Nope, no questions. All I was doing was thinking out loud as I knew there were others in the same boat during Labor Day weekend so just trying to be motivating and funny where I screwed up over the weekend with all the food and drinks, and said I was going to get back on track the coming week.

Then Brian, Mr. Bird Brain totally through the thread off track so I can understand how this thread is confusing to the new readers. Labor day was 2 weeks ago anyway, That is all in the past, and have made progress moving forward.