Support needed & appreciated.

Options
Hi everyone. I'm Jodie and I just made an account here about a week ago. I'm really just looking for some support and motivation and people to encourage me. Also, I was looking for some great quick and easy recipes, if anyone has any they could give me that would be great. I'm a very busy single mother and preschool teacher so nothing that takes too much time please! I have been trying to lose my baby weight for nearly 3 years now with not too much success and it is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I just got back into the routine of working out and eating better so if any of you on the go moms have any advice that'd be great! Thank you!

Replies

• mistressdee
    Options
    Hi Jody,
    Good luck and I am here to support you along the way!
    Denise
  • gettinfit80
    Options
    Hey Jody. My wife and I are trying to lose weight too and we find that eating from sparkrecipes.com gives us the opportunity to be able to eat healthy and have filling meals that are low in calories and quick meals. It also fits in with our timeframe as the meals are easy to cook and quick. Hope that helps.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodie. Welcome. I too have been on here about a week. Lost 2 pounds so far. Also, very busy mom to a 4 yo boy and 22 month old. Absolutely, after working all day, I need things that won't take too long. A couple of recipes I have are crock pot--great so when you get home completely ready. One I got off of here and one a light cook book:

Applesauce Chicken (got this one off of here and it was yummy)

4 frozen chicken breasts
    1 1/2 cups applesauce
    1 T dried onion
    1 T Apple Cider vinegar
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (little less if you don't like things too spicy or the little guy doesn't)

Chicken on bottom of crock pot. Mix together other ingredients and pour on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Southwestern Chicken

1 pkg chicken breasts
    2 cans corn (undrained)
    1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
    1 cup salsa

Mix together corn, beans and 1/2 cup salsa. Put in bottom. Place chicken on top and then cover with remaining salsa.
    Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Shred chicken, mix all together and then serve as a burrito, on chips or in taco with favorite toppings. Both will allow for leftovers which can be frozen.

Best of luck.
    Angela
  • navgal
    navgal Posts: 16
    Options
    Excellant job Jody, I am here to support you and I will share some easy recipies. Find a focus for youself, a goal that motivates you from the inside. We all started somewhere, stay focused and stay with it! Have fun with your workouts :)
  • nicolegirardin
    Options
    good luck! you can do it! I teach also, and I rotate classrooms so I am constantly on the go. I always keep handy a bag of dried cereal, cheerios and kiks are my fav, mixed with choc chips and driend cranberries. This gives me my crunchy and sweet so I got that covered...anyway...it helps curb my hunger and keeps my tummy happy.
  • navgal
    Options
    chicken breast (thin skinless)
    pesto sauce (packet mix with water)

prepare pesto, pour on chicken breast bake in oven 350 for 35 min

I serve with whole grain wheat pasta and salad :)

ground turkey breast
    seasoning packet if desired (i use fajita I like it)
    black beans
    chopped green chilies (can)
    tortilla
    lettuce
    tomato

cook ground turkey, mix in seasoning, mix in black beans and chilies, cook until heated

put in tortilla like a burrioto or eat alone add in lettuce and tomato, if u choose use sour cream and cheese to top, be aware of the caloric count for those additives :)

more to come:)
  • navgal
    Options
    natural almonds, no salt not roasted-snack
    fresh fruit-snack

sugar free jello pudding, great for the sweet craving
    add a fruit for delicious dessert

cherry tomatoes-snack
    prunes- snack if you like them:/
  • jodiea007
    Options
    Thank yall so much for the kind words, recipes & feedback! I appreciate it very much. And good luck to all of you too! :)
  • jennydehn
    jennydehn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodie!

I base my eating plan around Dr. Joel Furhman's Eat to Live. It focuses a lot on making fresh foods a priority. Since making changes about a year ago, I now have developed a taste for snacks that are perfect for weight loss (and easy and portable) like sugar snap peas and fresh sliced red pepper. It may take a while for them to be really satisfying, but as your tastes evolve, they will begin to be great. :) Don't give up on them.

I have lost about 24 lbs overall. I'm new here too, because I am recommitting starting today to get back on track, and I hope this can help me stay accountable. Its so easy to get out of good habits--which is frustrating because it's so hard to get out of bad ones!

I wish you the best!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello.i work full time and have a 2 year old. My work keeps me very active too. I find a nice warm tin of soup at with low fat bread helps to keep me full until its time for dinner. Good luck with your journey :)