Pre-Wedding Progress & Bridal Bliss

Options
Though I don't feel I deserve to be posting onto this section of the Message Boards just yet, I wanted to share my progress and how thankful I am. I got engaged this past spring to the man or my dreams, I could not love him more. When we met I was far from the athletic, fit girl that I used to be, college not only gave me 4 years of hard work, knowledge, and memories, it also added some weight. It made me so self conscious, like I wanted to crawl under a rock…I would even turn down going out with my friends from time to time when I couldn't find my go-to "fat shirts" that hid every bulge and bump. Finding him changed everything (yea I know it's super corny and whatever).

The way my fiancé looked at me and felt about me changed the way I wanted to look at myself. I have always been hard on myself, but he thinks I'm perfect and beautiful just how I am. When we started dating I was at my heaviest, and then added 10 lbs to that throughout the time we dated…it was easy to do it as he has been stationed overseas so the "Eh you won't see him to X amount of time, go ahead and eat the pizza" mentality took over…rambling, sorry. Anyway, knowing that he truly loved me, thought I was attractive and perfect even with the weight made me want to feel that I deserved how he looked at me, so I changed.

After we became engaged I decided to make a change for the better. I cleared my fridge of all my junk food, stopped drinking the normal college amount (and when I did it was Miller 64 or vodka crystal light), and started working out more. So after months of hard work, and a few backwards tumbles into old habits (only momentarily) I am starting to notice major progress. When I found my wedding dress I was 20 lbs heavier than I am right now! Picking it up from my final fitting felt amazing…they had to take it in a inch on each side…so, since I can't show anyone else these pictures (I don't want anyone to see the dress pre-wedding, but I trust you guys), I want to post them here, because for the first time in a long time I am proud of what I have accomplished fitness wise.

8c30206d-1faa-4aa8-bb33-9d8211f97b42_zps97f9e4cb.jpg

8688270e-7802-4f06-9b0f-9bedfb321f20_zps94eec288.jpg

445057b4-7e23-4c0c-80a1-89d012ead5ac_zpsa05a7092.jpg

I pick my fiancé up from the airport on Saturday…and our wedding is less than 3 weeks away. I am lighter now than I was when we started dating, and it's only the beginning!

Replies

• court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna add (mostly because I think I'm funny) that trying on the dress went a little something like this…

U5jIvCg_zpsbceae165.gif

fuXEjpd_zps2ac164a9.gif
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Simply AWESOME! Have a beautiful day!
  • SueColumbia
    Options
    The dress is beautiful and you look awesome. Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy marraige.
  • 5555price
    5555price Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! Congratulations!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    love this.. you look beautiful!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes :)
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Congratulations; I can definitely see a difference! You're doing great. :)
  • erobinson2014
    erobinson2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    congratulations of such great success!! If nothing else I noticed the difference in how to your caring yourself with your posture. Aswell as you are shining with radiance.. look how happy you are!
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    just awesome!!!! Good for you!! That is a beautiful dress hope you're day is beyond perfect :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Wow... absolutely amazing!! You look beautiful. Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Love, LOVE Tina Fey!
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Congratulations on your success! Your fiancé is one lucky guy! You look absolutely stunning in your wedding dress! I hope you have a phenomenal wedding day!

Dan
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meg091380
    Options
    You are beautiful. Here is to your success!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    fantastic progress! you look amazing! the dress is beautiful!! Wishing you all the love and happiness the universe has to offer! God Bless.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Aww! What a beautiful bride and a beautiful journey you're on! Thank you for sharing your story and photos with us, and "pre-grats" on your wedding! Yours will be the wedding where guests will say years after, "Oh yeh, I remember that wedding; that stunning bride!" :flowerforyou:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look amazing, and that dress is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! :smile:
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Beyond my love of Tina Fey, I wanted to wish you all the best! I am getting married next August, and you're inspiring me to push off the extra 15 lbs I've got to drop.

So excellent! Stay happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!